Alternate curriculum students, data resource

I teach high school and my CSD classes have about 3 alternate curriculum students per period. These students might be developmentally at at kindergarten or 3rd grade level. It’s quite difficult to have these students work on what the general ed students work on, but the spirit of integrating the special needs students (as far as I understand) is giving them exposure to the content that general ed students are doing.

I’m currently in the data unit and something I’ve found helpful and relevant are these data/graphing worksheets at around a 1st grade level:

Heads up that you’ll need to register for a free account to download.

Example…

For the programming units, what I’ve found very helpful are code.org’s curricula for younger students (Course A, B, C, pre-reader express, etc.)

5 Likes

Awesome supplemental ‘data’ sheets. I might have the students complete the worksheet and then type the data into an Excel spreed sheet, teaching the students the basic order of operations formula’s to have Excel complete the calculations for the students. It’s a great way to use ‘code’ in the data portion of the unit.

1 Like

Thank you, Frank! This is exactly what I was looking for. I’m going to try Course B with a special needs student who is struggling with CSD but wants to work independently.