As I begin to plan for an upcoming first semester final exam, I am finding that I need some clarity on the 6 Computational Thinking Practices and The 5 Bid Ideas of the Concept Outline. I was given a great introduction to these things at the CSP Professional Development last summer but was not ready to hear it at that point. If this discussion exists some where else I am am happy to move there (I searched but couldn't find it.)
* Are people teaching these explicitly?
* Are they are useful review mechanism or organizational scaffold for the test?
* Any good links out there that makes sense of all this?
Computational Thinking Practices
* P1: Connecting Computing
* P2: Creating Computational Artifacts
* P3: Abstracting
* P4: Analyzing Problems and Artifacts
* P5: Communicating
* P6: Collaborating
The Concept Outline
* Big Idea 1: Creativity
* Big Idea 2: Abstraction
* Big Idea 3: Data and Information
* Big Idea 4: Algorithms
* Big Idea 5: Programming
* Big Idea 6: The Internet
* Big Idea 7: Global Impact
Computer Science Teacher
Oakland Technical High School