Code Studio Duplicate Screen

Is there a way to duplicate a screen in Code Studio? A student wants to use the same basic elements on several different screens, and I feel like I knew the answer to this in the past…but now I can’t find it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Here is the documentation for importing a screen from another app.

https://code.org/applab/docs/import

I hope this helps!

1 Like

That’s EXACTLY the page I was looking for. I could not find it, for whatever reason. Thank you!!!

Is there also a way to duplicate a screen within the same project? We imported to a new project and then imported the screen back, but is there a way to skip that step?

@kmi8961 right now there is no easier way to copy a page. You had to do it the long way.

-Dani

In case folks are still interested, you now can duplicate a page from within App Lab (yay!). From Design Mode, select the screen you want to duplicate and you should see a teal “Duplicate” button. This will create a new copy of the screen and all of its elements. Note that all of the IDs will follow the default ID pattern (eg button1, screen2).

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for implementing this feature AND for taking the time to find and reply to this thread!