Computer Science in Science PD: Meet and Greet

Hello, I’m Emil Agustin. I’ve been teaching Technology Applications in Houston Texas the last 13 years.

Hi, my name is Joanie and I’ve taught middle school science for 11 years. I am new to code.org.

Hi, my name is Marilyn. I have been teaching middle school science for over 20 years.

Greetings! My name is Annette McFarlin. I have taught in the Twin Falls School District for the past 20 years. I am currently teaching Computer Applications and hope to add a Computer Science class next year. I teach 7th and 8th graders. I am a novice to Computer Science, but my exposure to Hour of Code and the 20 Hour course has me hooked! I cannot wait to gain the knowledge this PD opportunity has to offer.

Hi, my name is Petra. In August I will begin my second year of teaching 6th grade science and technology in southwestern Idaho.

HI everyone! My name is Monica Morgan and I just finished up my first year of teaching at Benjamin Stoddert Middle School in Waldorf. I taught 6th and 7th grade science. Earth science for 6th, and life science for 7th. I went to the University of Maryland and was one of the first students to graduate from the Middle School Math and Science program. This will be one of my first experiences with computer science apart from participating in the hour of code last year.

Connie Cox - I have been an educator for 23 years - I currently teach middle school science. I took a forur day code,org workshop at an IStems conference.

My name is Caroline. I have taught middle school science for one year and horticulture for a little under a year. I have experience with different computer programs and computers in general.

Hi, My name is Donna. I have been a teacher for 20 years. I have taught General Science 6th grade in a MIddle School for the last 10. I am excited to learn about Computer Science to enhance the simulation and modeling in inquiry learning.

Hello, My name is Joy Dillard. I am the 8th grade science teacher at Dixon Elementary School in Chicago. I have taught science for 21 years at Dixon. I consider myself a computer novice, but I am excited about bringing the program to my students.

Hi, my name is Vickie. I have been teaching for 12 years at a local charter school. I am a chemist that returned to school to obtain my teaching certification and have been teaching all levels of Algebra, physical science, physics, and chemistry. I do not have any official past experience with computer science but have done tech support and IT work for a few schools I have worked for.

Hi my name is Chris. I teach Computer Science at the middle school level (6-8) in Maryland. I have been teaching for four years. I also teach college level math at the local college. I have my Masters degree in Architecture & Engineering. In my free time I design houses, program and perform IT work.

My name is Anna Chu. I just finished my first year teaching middle school science at a Chicago Public School. I’m ready for the challenge of incorporating computer science into the curriculum!

Your past career brings a lot of science knowledge to your students.

It is great that you are sharing your science knowledge with future teachers.

Hi All,

My name is Aaron. I am fresh from the battlefield of a graduate degree in Education with special focus on CTE/PTE. This will be my second year teaching full-time at a charter school in Jerome. ID. I teach a variety of subjects; K-8 music, Computer Science and Technology, and Audio/Video Production. I am also the CTE/PTE coordinator and media technology advisor. I have no experience with CS other than our school participated in the Hour of Code. I am beyond excited to learn how to further implement coding for the advancement of learning in STEM classes. Look forward
to meeting some of you attending the Boise PD workshop next week.

My name is JoAnne. I teach 8th grade physical science in Charles County Maryland. This is my 5th year teaching the class. However, I have been teaching for over 20 years mostly at the elementary level.

My name is Dzevida. I have been teaching for six years, but have been teaching Science to the 6th Grade for the past three years mainly with the focus on the Earth Science. I am looking forward to learning about CS and introducing it to my students.

Hi! I’m Jen Lewin and I have been a science teacher for 9 years. My Bachelors is in Science and my Masters is in Education. I currently teach middle school science at Coonley Elementary.

I am Emily Apgood, this is my second year teaching, and my first year at North Gem. I teach 6th grade. Last year I taught science and computer science, this year I will be teaching all subjects.