CSP Forum Introductions

Greetings All,

I’m Dale Beames and I teach science at Atlantic Technical High School in Coconut Creek, FL. My degrees are in physics, but over a 30+ year teaching career I’ve taught physics, most levels of math, marine science, and most recently, reading and Exploring Computer Science. I will have 2 or 3 sections of CSP next year so I have my work cut out for me!

In my free time I read, write, geocache, bike, and try and fix anything broken.

Hello,

My name is Adam, I just finished my first year of teaching. My degree is in computer science, but the opportunity to teach intrigued me and I’ve found there is a lot to like. I look forward to working with everyone in the future and learning as much as possible from some experienced CS teachers!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kenneth (Rob) Spohn and I’ve been teaching at Plantation High School in Broward County, Florida since 2006. I’ve been teaching upper level math (AP Statistics, Calculus, IB Mathematics Higher Level, Algebra 2) until last year when I was also called upon to teach ECS. My degrees are in Computer Science and Mathematics, and, since I’m certified in Comp. Sci. as well as math, I’ve been chosen to also teach the CSP course next year. I look forward to the opportunity to teach CSP to our students, and give them the opportunity to learn some Computer Science.

Hobbies: I enjoy camping with my wife and 2 children, biking, and watching Penn State or Steelers football games.

My name is Bill Edmisten. I teach Computer Science at Yorktown High School in Arlington, Virginia. I am looking forward to learning new strategies to help students express their creativity through coding and software design. I enjoy robotics, camping, cooking, Ultimate Frisbee and have a border terrier named “Cleo”.

Hello everyone my name is Madeline, I am a business teacher at South Plantation High School, Plantation, Florida. I have been teaching in Florida for the last 16 years and previously taught in Connecticut for 15 years. My favorite things to do are gardening, the beach, spending time with friends and family.

Hi my name is Alicia and I am from New York. I taught ECS last year and look forward to teaching CS Principles this year.

Hey. My name is Tim Comer, and I teach Exploring Computer Science at Hudson High School of Learning Technologies in NYC, NY.
check me out on the interwebs at cambrianed.com or @cambrianed on the twitter.

TC

My name is Rupali Satija. I have been teaching math at Santa Clara High School. I have a degree in CS. I am amazed how they have come up with CSP. It is a great opportunity to introduce computer science topics to all the students. I am looking forward to working with you all. I love spending time with family and friends.

Hello everyone, my name is Betty Mallory and I am new to computer science. Prior to my 16 years of teaching I worked in corporate. I consider it an honor and a privilege to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people in my computer science class, and I am sure my students will feel the same. I am married and we love to travel!

Hi Marty it is a pleasure to meet you and I concur that there is fun outside the comfort zone.

Betty

My name is Chandra and my role in CSP is to support and assist the CS teachers that are affiliated with the code.org program. This past year as teachers implemented the ECS curriculum, the teachers found the curriculum to be very refreshing with the resources that were provide. Personally the trainers were very enlightening and I use their model/format for PD in the PD courses that I coordinate. I am looking forward to the implementation of the CSP curriculum. My hope this year will be as refreshing as last year and the momentum will continue.

Hi, I’m Terence and I’ve been teaching for over 10 years. I remember learning to program BASIC in HS in Jamaica. It was a bitter sweet experience because I was excited to learn how to program a computer but my school could not keep a teacher. I am honored to work at St. Charles High in Charles Country MD, where I teach Web Development and Design, Java Honors, ECS and the new CSP course this fall. I love the being outdoors doing outdoor activities (Hiking, bike riding and camping). I’m also a semi-professional photographer.

Greetings!

I’m Joe Pauley, and I have been teaching Language Arts, German, Introduction to Information Technology, and A+ computer repair courses for the past 16 years. I’m excited about the possibilities of CSP, and I look forward to getting my first year of teaching this class underway.

My name is Dan Oster and I have been a high school teacher for the past 19 years, all of it in alternative, at-risk student settings. During my first two years I taught at PACE alternative in Wapato, Washington and for the past 17 years at Barker (soon to be Mica Peak) high school, located in Spokane, Washington. My teaching responsibilities range from Social Studies, CTE, basic math, and even one semester as an art teacher (Yikes)!

My hobbies include snow skiing, hiking, and fitness.

I am really looking forward to the PD for this program!

Well, here I go … my name is Gerhard Weber. I have teaching at San Pedro High School (So. CA) since Nov. 19 1996. My repertoire ranges from business courses to computer programming. Accounting, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Intro to Computers, Internet Publishing, Graphic Design, AP Computer Science A,. Sounds like I know a lot, but then there are so many that know so much more … I will learn a lot from this course. I cant wait to have my students take shot at this curriculum.

Hi, I’m Barry Scott this coming year will be my 10th year teaching high school Math and Computer Science courses. I have taught Algebra, Statistics, AP Computer Science, and intro programming classes. My hobbies include camping and hiking with my family and spending time in my garden.

My name is Derek and I teach Intro Computer Science, AP Computer Science, and Computer Applications. I am looking forward to this PD and am excited to be teaching this curriculum.

Hi! My name is Tammie Schlotterback and I am a Business Education teacher at Blue Peak High School. I have taught Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Computer Technology, Web Design, Customer Service, Desktop Publishing, Leadership Principles, Business Communications and student council. I teach at the alternative high school and will be adding CSP to my schedule this year as we change our class structures. My current hobbies include watching television, movies and traveling.

Hey; I’m Heather Perrier from Spokane, WA, and I teach math at Shadle Park High School. I’'ve taught math in Spokane for the last 5 years, and I’m pretty excited to get to teach CSP next year. My hobbies include reading, baking, playing piano, and pretty much anything crafty.

Hello all,
I am Mike Conklin and I have taught math at a variety of levels and locations over the past 19 years. I’m looking forward to this new chapter in my teaching career.
Outside the classroom, I can be found exploring the Northwest with my wife, playing guitar, and helping my daughter construct with “her” Legos.