Digital Portfolio not saving work?

Hi!
Some of my students are having trouble uploading their work to the digital portfolio. I have watched them hit upload, select a pdf and save it. But then it never appears in my progress view, and on their screen it doesn’t appear.
I have emailed the college board, but no answer yet.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
Kate

Check to make sure the PDF and video file sizes are 30MB.

1 Like

That’s happening for a few of my students too.

If the issue was the file being too large, I wish they would give a specific message explaining why.

For one student yesterday, we fixed it by simplifying the file name by removing special characters.

For the others, I just keep telling them to keep trying. It’s frustrating.

Some of my students had this issue too. I looked and the file sizes were OK, files were PDFs and everything looked good. After trying it a couple of times what we found was that they had dashes in the file name. Once we removed those it uploaded fine. I still don’t know why that would be. Try simplifying the file name (no special characters) and uploading it again.

2 Likes

This worked for me! Thanks @gjschmidt!!

Can anyone explain to me how they remove the file from the digital porfolio.

If the student has a submitted the file, they cannot remove it. You, the teacher, would have to return it to them. When you click on the student submission it gives you the option to return the file. You will have to give a reason for returning the file.

1 Like

As long as they didn’t hit “Submit Final” they can simply submit a new version. Only the last submission will be graded. If they clicked “Submit Final” then the teacher can unsubmit but you have choose a reason and the choices are very limited! They are:
o Is the wrong submission
o Is corrupt or not readable
o Cannot be opened due to some other technical error

I always wondered why the college board keeps all the old versions around and my suspicious nature makes me wonder if it’s so they can check to see if the reason you gave was valid for the changes they see in the file. The instructions for returning a file to a student are on page 16 of the Teacher’s Guide.

2 Likes

I just tried returning one student work following the instructions on the Teacher’s Guide but unfortunately, the 'Return file to student ’ option is not visible for me :frowning:

Hi @karinemehrabimasihi ,

Unfortunately I don’t have access to the Digital Portfolio so I can’t fiddle with it for myself. What options do you see? I think College Board also has documentation on using Digital Portfolio for teachers, possibly accessible through your teacher portal. Worst case you might have to contact College Board to find out if there’s an issue.

What are you trying to return? I noticed that the Written Responses do not have an option to return since students are entering answers directly into the textboxes in the portal. I wonder if the students just have an option to re-enter their responses. I have seen the return option earlier for the video and program code when I clicked on View Submission. My students have not done all of their final submission yet, so I cannot check.