ECS Forum Introductions (16-17 school year)

Hi Shawn,

My name is Kris. Glad to see someone else from Chicago. How was your first 1 1/2 teaching ECS?

Hello!
My name is Princess! I have been teaching math for 7 years. I am very excited about teaching Exploring Computer Science. My hobbies are… … … used to be running. I participated in 5ks. But not anymore… Hope to network with you soon!

Hi my name is Judy Ocasio and I teach at John Hope College Prep in Chicago. I have been teaching for 16 years and I enjoy hiking and biking. I’m hoping this course will help me use computers more effectively in the classroom.

My name is Zenobia N Jefferson and I teach at Chicago Vocational Career Academy. I’ve taught English for a number of years and am making a transition. I have a degree in Instructional Design and Technology, a field that I love.

I look forward to meeting you and sharing from and benefiting from your expertise.

Hi, my name is Jordan Fisher and I am going into my 4th year teaching at New Kent High School, about 30 mins east of Richmond, VA. I am endorsed in both business and marketing, so I have taught a variety of courses from Intro to Marketing, Sports Marketing , EPF, Computer Apps, CIS, and Adv. CIS. I am excited to learn more about ECS. When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with family and friends and going to the beach. I also have a fur baby-- a golden retriever named Izzie. GO Hokies!

My name is Fealeacia Price, I am a career switcher and have been working for Richmond Public Schools for the last 5 years. I like to write short stories and poems and cook for my friends and family.

Hi I’m Brian and I teach Web Design, Gaming and Database Design at James Wood High School. My hobbies are attending sport events, creating websites and watching TV. I’m excited to be part of the “Code” mission.

Hello Fealeacia:

What was your previous career? Do you feel that it prepared you for teaching?

I am Ginny Sadler and I just completed my first year of teaching. I am a career switcher from the financial industry and a mother of three. I will be teaching ECS to my 8th graders at Short Pump Middle School in Glen Allen, VA. I am really looking forward to building this program. I also teach Intro to Coding, Digital Input Tech, and Make It Your Business. I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the training tomorrow.

I am Stevann Jones. I’ll be teaching at Castlemont High School in Oakland, Ca. This is my first year teaching CS and I am very excited. Some of my likes are swimming, writing, and digital art.

1 Like

Hello, I am Nora Blasko and I teach Math and Computer Science at Great Mills High School in St. Mary’s County, MD. In addition to teaching Algebra 2, I teach ECS, AP CS Principles and AP CS A.

Hello, my name is Kenya Allen and I have been teaching science for 18 years. For the last 4 years I have been teaching in a PLC computer based program. My hobbies are taking care of my daughter.

I work for RPS as well. Which school do you teach at?

I am glad as well and excited for the workshop.

Hi Kenya,

I currently work at Elkhardt-Thompson, formerly known as just Thompson Middle School, before the merger,

Hello Thomas,

I used to work in the information technology and management field.

Hello Ginny:

I live in Henrico, I used to teach Digital Input Technologies as well as Make It Your Business, but we no longer offer those courses.

I am John. I am a business teacher at Kelly High School in Chicago. I’ve been teaching for 22 years.

I am Patrick and I teach Gaming Concepts at Hubbard HS in Chicago, where I also coach the varsity baseball and boys softball teams.

Hello! My name is David Schmidt. I am the department chair for CTE for the past 7 years at Miami Beach Senior High School. I have been teaching at Miami Beach for the past 18 years. I am also the lead teacher for the Academy of Information Technology as well. I am very interested to bringing in a programming strand to the AOIT. I was a football coach for 16 years. Before becoming a teacher I managed companies for 23 years. I enjoy working on home improvement projects, sports (especially football and baseball). I love to travel and going fishing.