ECS Forum Introductions (16-17 school year)

Hello,

My name is Caridad Benavides. I’m a teacher at Miami Senior High School, the first high school in Miami; established in 1903. I’ve been teaching for 16 years Accounting, Intro to Technology, Software Applications and various other Business and IT courses. My hobbies are cooking, traveling and reading. This summer I visited Seattle, Alaska and San Francisco. I’m looking forward to taking the ECS course which I start tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi
My name is Kris Mikesell, I have taught Business Education for 18 years, the majority of that time was in Marysville, Wa. I am also a wife and mother of two amazing girls, one competitive cheerleader and one soccer player. They keep me busy.

I enjoy teaching all sides of business and love the challenges of quick pace changes with technology and business.

I am also a Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) adviser and love empowering my students with knowledge and helping them discover their passion.

Where do you teach? I hope to see you tomorrow. I have my first student teacher this year some would love any don’t dos.

Hello. My name is Nick Anaya. I have been working as an Engineer for the last 11 years. For the past 8 years, I have been volunteering and teaching high school students at Lindblom Math and Science Academy in Chicago to build robots. Now I am making a carrier shift to teach engineering and computer science full time. Outside of engineering and teaching, I play the saxophone.

Hello Andy,

What makerspace do you do your work at? I live in Chicago and like woodworking too. Perhaps we will meet tomorrow.
Have a good one.

Hello, my name is Nathan Temiquel. I have taught math the last two years at Solorio Academy High School and this year I will be teaching ECS and CSP. I enjoy tinkering with computers, playing games (both tabletop and virtual), and cooking in my free time.

Hi, my name is Tracy Estes. I have been teaching high school math for 11 years. However, only the last 3 and 1/2 have been in Chicago; all the others were in Cincinnati, Ohio. I joined the Lincoln Park HS math department last school year and I’m excited to be learning about computer science and teaching a few ECS courses this coming school year.
Outside of school, I enjoy reading and spending time with my 8year old daughter Talula.

Hello, I am Kennan and I teach engineering and computer science at West Oakland Middle School. I have two sons and really enjoy rollerblading and adventuring with the family.

Hi, I’m George. I’m a Business and Technology teacher at Miami Sr. High in Miami, Florida. I’ve been teaching for 12 years - it’s my second career. I was a strategic marketing consultant and have
been working with computers since I was in high school. I enjoy travel, keeping fit, a variety of
outdoor activities, and reading.

Hi everyone!

My name is Shelly Carpenter and I’ve been teaching Mathematics (grades 6-8) for four years in Byesville, Ohio. I grew up in Byesville and went to Rolling Hills as a student so it is exciting to be an educator at my alma mater. I also am a photographer and a singer in a local band called DoubleCut out of Zanesville, Ohio.

Jeffrey,

I also teach at my alma mater. It’s such a cool thing and a large portion of our staff at our district were former students. Congrats and have a great school year!

Hello, my name is Bob Ellis and I teach Networking and Introduction to Digital Design at Miami Beach High School. I have been teaching about technology in computer labs for about twenty years, since taking up teaching as a second career from the business world. I enjoy sailing, scuba diving, fishing and spending time with my family. Looking forward to learning how to successfully incorporate the ECS curriculum into my classes.

Hello,
My name is David Stachowiak and I teach Theory of Knowledge, Design, History, and Computer Science at the high school level. I enjoy traveling and photography. Looking forward to the upcoming PD this summer.

I love graphics as well.

I’m Natalie. This is my 9th year teaching computers with CTE but I’ve been teaching for 20 years in various capacities.

Hi, I am Tenzin Langchung from Chicago, IL. I teach mathematics at Ogden International School. I have two years of teaching experience. I enjoy playing basketball, dancing, and laughing.

I enjoy dancing too.

My name is Somneng Chan. I will be teaching Intro to Computers/Math Intervention at Sankofa Academy in Oakland, CA. I enjoying playing softball, reading, and traveling.

Hi all. I’m Meg Brewick - I teach Algebra 1 at Air Force Academy High school. I’m heading into year 2 of teaching, and I also teach Irish Dance!

Hello, my name is Anthony Woods, and I am new to teaching HS Computer Science. I am also an Adjunct CIS Online and F2F Instructor. I have many hobbies, one of which is software development I do in my spare time. I am a guitar player, golfer, and like to travel and read books. I like history and to read about history of the world. I hate politics and love business.