ECS Forum Introductions (16-17 school year)

Hello everyone! My name is Robert Bosley and although I’m from Oklahoma I have been teaching in LAUSD at Santee Education Complex for 11 years. I am a math teacher and department chair, I will also be couching football next year.

My hobbies include many geek things (Star Wars, Big Bang Theory, role-playing games, ect) I am a proud geek. I also enjoy doing Judo with my 8 year old daughter.

Hello,
My name is Shelly Toth. I currently teach a middle school code class and 8th grade physical science. I have 2 dogs, like to go to the beach, and can’t wait for summer :).

Sounds like you will have a lot to add and I look forward to learning from you!

I thought I had posted already. I guess not.

Hey, my name is Mark Ullrich. I teach at Fontana AB Miller HS. When I started 24 years ago, I was teaching C++. I’ve taught every business and computer class we have ever had here. I currently teach Digital Graphic Design, Computer Info Systems, and Web Design. I’m really excited to get back to teaching Computer Science, programming, and robotics. I love reading, traveling, wine and beer tasting. I’m really ready for summer vacation!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Michelle Batali. I teach at Eisenhower High School in Yakima, WA. I have taught a variety of business courses over the past 20 years. Computer science will be a new venture for me this fall. I enjoy cooking, baking, exercising, and watching my kids play sports. Also, I love the sunshine we have here in the summer.

2 Likes

I love the library. Will you teach CS in addition to being the librarian?

Hello everyone.
I am Oscar M Ramirez. I am a mathematics teacher at North Hollywood HS in California. I’ve been teaching for twenty years. Even though I don’t play it anymore, I enjoy coaching and watching soccer games. About three or four years ago I was introduced to the game of Yugioh (a card game) by one of my former students.
I am looking forward to learn more about ECS.

What’s up everybody? I am Mokonen Tesfom and I coach Mathematics at Venice High School. I have been teaching math at Venice for the last 10 years. I love to fish and watch my bay area teams like the world champs Warriors and Giants (its an even year). I am still waiting on the Raiders.

I agree with you. This does look cool. I am excited my school will be offering this course next year.

Hi, My name is Dr. Richard Velez, Robotics/Global Health-Bio-Engineering Teacher from Hartman MS of Health and Science. I’m enjoying this class and having the opportunity to meet so many of my peers. My wife and I love to salsa dance and I play Latin drums. We love to walk and read as many books that can. Hope I get a chance to meet most of you this summer.

My name is Michelle. I teach Computers, Digital Arts, Video Productions, Advanced Computers and Yearbook at Adams Middle School. I love to spend time with my husband and 3 young boys, sing, and I love to scrapbook when I have the time.

Hi- My name is Lindsey. I teach in a smaller school district in the San Francisco East Bay. I am a middle school electives teacher and I currently teach 7th and 8th grade computers and yearbook. I am looking forward to a new curriculum for my 8th graders next year that really teaches them skills for the future! I am a mom of two and enjoy the outdoors!

Hi! I’m Lisa and I teach middle school electives including computers, film studies and theatre arts in California. I’ve taught for 8 years and have worked with grades Pre-K-8. My hobbies are traveling and I love live music and productions from concerts to theatre.

Hi Lisa! Theater arts sounds fun too!

Hi, I’m Christian Neral and I teach English at Jordan High School in Sandy, UT. Go Beetdiggers! I love learning to code and how to better create and design with technology. I also coach Ultimate Frisbee, and am an Arsenal supporter.

Hi all. My name is Ted and this is my 26th year teaching in Montgomery County, Maryland. I have taught at the elementary, middle, and high school level over the course of my teaching career. I am thrilled to see the resurgence of computer science coming back to Maryland. I currently teach web design at my high school.

I’ve been teaching for five years. I have a degree in Mathematics and Computer Science. I’e been teaching Math for all five years and I’m excited to be teaching my other love so to say. I currently teach at Cyprus High School, in Magna Utah.

Hi, Linda here. I have taught for over 30 years both Chemistry and Mathematics. I definitely am not a techie, but I do appreciate how important it is for students to know computer programing and problem solving.

Hello from Indiana. I teach at Fishers High School. I am in my 15th year of teaching various business subjects. I enjoy running and spending time with my ever growing family.

Hello. My name is Shauna Whittekiend and I teach business and marketing classes at Spanish Fork High School in Utah. I am excited to be involved in this program and look forward to teaching ECS for the first time next fall. I love spending time with my family and am looking forward to summer.