ECS Forum Introductions (16-17 school year)

Hello,
My name is Ebonie Campbell I teach at the Norfolk Technical Center. I currently teach Computer Information Systems and Advanced Computer Information Systems.

My name is Will Johnson… I teach business and journalism at Norwell High School in Ossian, IN… This will be my 13th year of teaching, after spending 12 years in business (marketing and communications)… Originally from Michigan.

My name is Jeff Barnes and I teach at Northwest High School in Germantown, MD. I have worked at my high school the last 8 years teaching Foundations of Technology and Introduction to Engineering Design. I love to play golf and tennis when I can between raising my three boys, 7, 5 & 2.

Good Morning well it is morning here in Maryland, my name is Frank Krach Jr. I teach technology education at James Hubert Blake High School in Silver Spring Maryland. I have been teaching in public schools for 23 years. I am looking forward to teach ECS next year and learning a few new thigns this summer. I am married with three childern. Our big family hobbie the past few years has been sking and snow boarding

My name is Mallory Kessler. I am a teacher at Southmont High School in Crawfordsville Indiana. This will be my first year teaching Computer Science.

I teach Yearbook as well. Last year was my first year teaching and I really enjoyed it.

My name is Tony Jones, I teach Engineering course at York High School in Yorktown Va. I enjoy bike riding , the beach or pool. I plan to travel during the summer. I previously taught for The Apprentice School of Newport News Shipbuilding where I taught Shipbuilding course and Engineering Drafting and physic.

Hello, my name is Anna McGinn! I just finished my first year of teaching and am looking forward to this upcoming year! I enjoy reading, science, and the Irish sport of Hurling.

Hello Everyone!

I am Shiron Lindsay. I am a career changer from Mechanical Engineer to Engineering Instructor. I enjoy traveling! Just got back from Jamaica yesterday. Yah Mon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hi Anna!

Hope your first year was great! Get lots of rest and enjoy your break! :smile:

Shiron Lindsay

Hi my name is Todd Kunz. I teach at Whiteland Community High School in Whiteland, IN. I have 10 years of teaching experience. I have 5 children that consume my free time. I enjoy coaching them in sports and all the time I have with them.

Hi Everyone!

I’m Janice Maino. I’ve been teaching CTE for 11 years in Hanover County, just north of Richmond, VA. I have 6 - 8th graders. I enjoy spending time with my 3 grown kids (2 of whom are out of state) and baby sitting my grandpuppies.

Hello, my name is Jill Casky I teach web and mobile development to students in the urban areas in central Indiana. I am the founder of J. Casky Design Studio.
My hobbies are swimming and yoga.

Hi everyone! My name is Mercedes Buck. I will be a first year Business Teacher at Quioccasin Middle School in September. I will be teaching ECS to 8th graders who will earn high school credit. My background is in banking and the nonprofit sector. I enjoying volunteer work in the community, attending festivals, and getting to know Richmond, VA since I moved here from New York City. I look forward to embarking on the journey of coding with you all!

I am Matthew McCutcheon, Chief Academic Officer at Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, IN. I enjoy many academic fields, including computer science. We are participating in this program to see how it might be used in our school. I also enjoy my family, singing, and traveling in my spare time.

Aww! I’ll be at the Utah conference but that’s good to know. =)

Hello! I have been using curriculum that I mainly created on my own along with some things that I have found online. I teach a Digital Arts and a Video Productions Elective Classes so I dont necessarily incorporate into another subject. What classes do you teach?

I am in California. Its a lot of fun and great knowledge for the kids!

My name is Al Scheibner and I teach at Marysville Middle School in Marysville Washington. I’ve been teaching mainly teaching CTE classes for the past 28 years. My hobbies are reading and ocean fishing.

Good day,
I am Rodnez Small and I am a tech teacher at an academy in Dallas Independent School District. This will be my first year teaching CS. I enjoy Mt. biking and graphic and web design.