Game Lab - How do I use the Rectangle selection tool to move something without duplicating it?

How do I use the Rectangle selection tool to move something without duplicating it in a Game Lab Draw your own animation?

Details: In Game Lab (Animation view), I choose ‘new animation’, then ‘Draw you own’, then draw something with the Pen tool.

I want to move the object I’ve drawn with the Pen tool, so I select the Rectangle selection tool, then select the object I want to move, then hold down SHIFT and move it. That all works fine.

When I click off of the object I moved to deactivate the selection, the content I moved gets duplicated. I don’t want to duplicate it, I just want to move it.

Is there a way to move something without duplicating it?

hi @gail.parsloe!

sorry for the delay.

I just tried it and I had the same thing happened to me! The object I drew was duplicated after I clicked off. A quick fix I found was to press command + z to undo that second duplicated object. I’ll keep messing around with it and I’ll let you know if I find a better solution

@kevinsukhoo Thanks for replicating the issue and checking into it. Command + z definitely works for me, too. I’m hoping to find a better way, though, because I’m concerned that using that tool (the way it is) in a short workshop, in which I only see the students once and only for 45 minutes, will add unnecessary complexity and confusion.