Google Slides for CSD Units 1-3

Hello All! Kristin Tope and I have created Google Slides for Units 1, 2, and 3. If anyone would like to use/modify these they are welcome to them. Make sure to “Make a copy” of anything you want to use and add it to your own folder in google drive. This will allow you to edit the slides and will secure them for you just in case our original files are deleted.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwepxvyQUD26V3B3WU5DRFpFWkU?usp=sharing

59 Likes

Thank you for sharing this resource.
Karen

2 Likes

I was wondering if you were in the Pilot group that actually used this curriculum with your students? I was hoping to touch base with someone who has. I am only teaching a 9 weeks course to 7th Graders and I am looking at teaching Unit 1 & Unit 3, however I need to eliminate a few lessons to make this all work since I do not have that much time. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. There is so much and I do not want the kids to miss out on anything!

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the result of your efforts.

1 Like

These are phenomenal, and you are a saint.

2 Likes

OMG!! Thank you so much! This will save all of us so much time as we can then just copy and make small changes for our classroom! You are definitely a teacher savior!

Thank you so much for sharing these resources. This will save me a lot of time.

@season_gigliotti I piloted the CSD curriculum and I completely understand working with a shortened timeline. The curriculum has been shortened a good deal from the time that we piloted, especially unit 1. While I don’t know which lessons I would nix off hand because they are all really good and worth while, but there are some that can be abreviated to meet your needs. I would do most of the abreviation in Unit 1 since Unit 3 really needs to build on the learning lesson to lesson. However, Unit 1 really builds community. We had some people pilot Unit 3 without having done Unit 1 and it didn’t go as well without that community piece being cultivated early on. I would comb through Unit 1 and look at which items you think you could simply shorten. I hope this helps some. Please feel free to reach out as you work through the curriculum this year.

2 Likes

I also, want to say thanks for taking the time to make these and for being willing to share. Of course I tweaked some for my needs. Having everything there already was a huge time savor. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing - I have been using these very successfully, I was just a little worried as this is the first time teaching anything like this.
Thanks again, Julie

1 Like

You also have all of the Activity Guides transferred! Thank you!

HUGE thank you for putting these together!

Thanks for your shared

this game is really good to play

Hello! I’m new to teaching CS Discoveries and I came across your resource in the scavenger hunt on day 3. Being new to this class, I think your post will be a great help. Thanks for being willing to share! Love it!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! Greatly appreciated! Lollie

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing these! I’m so excited to use them!

Thank you for sharing this slide.

Wow!!! These are amazing. Thank you.

Thank you so much!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: