I just made a rather simple rubric for the Activity Guides. I want to stress that my students need to put forth the effort, and not be focused on things being "correct" in the early stages...especially Unit 1. Here's what I used:
Proficient (Score Code “P”) - 100%
1. Answers the task in complete sentences.
2. Work shows genuine effort to understand the topic.
3. Answers show student thinking, regardless of “correctness”.
4. All sections of the Activity Guide are complete.
Marginal (Score Code “M”) - 75%
1. Answers are in fragments or incomplete sentences.
2. Work shows an attempt to understand the topic.
3. Answers explain student thinking, but need expanding.
4. Some sections of the Activity are incomplete.
Unacceptable (Score Code “U”) - 50%
1. Answers are fragments or incomplete.
2. Answers are attempts to “fill space” or do not make sense.
3. No evidence of student thinking.
No Credit (Score Code “NC”) - 0%
1. Work is missing.
2. More than half the assignment is blank.