Linking google classroom to code

@alicefisher100

If your go to the progress page, you can alphabetize by clicking on the Name column header. It doesn’t stay from view to view.

Happy computing,
Andrea

Thanks Andrea! Is it possible to list in alpha order by last name?

@p00057079

It looks like it combines ‘first last’ right from Classroom. However, I believe students can change their display names so just have them go in and change it to ‘last, first’.

Glad you are up and running,
Andrea

My students used their google accounts to set up their Code.org accounts. These are the same accounts that they are using for Google Classroom but I don’t have the option of syncing. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I hate having to download the files each unit to upload them back onto the Classroom site. Please help.

Here is a link to the documentation on how to link Code Studio with Google classroom. I hope this helps.

I would also like to see this please

Sangeeta, I am a new CSP teacher in San Jose using code.org. I logged in to code.org with my google account. However, It immediately creates a new section. but it not asking me to give auth to my google classroom. I guess it will not link to my google classroom then. Please help.

Thank you!
Nalini

@nsuresh,
It is really important to login using the signin with google button on the right side. Even if you type in the same credentials on the left, the Google sync option will not be available to you. The option to sync is below the other 3 methods and you will need to scroll to see it. If you continue to have difficulty, send and email to support@code.org.

Hope that helps,
Andrea

Hi Andrea, Thank you, I was able to login using google account and it linked it to the google classroom. When I assign quizzes for the students, should I create a google form and copy the multiple choice questions to the google form before I can assign it?

Thanks,
Nalini

I have synched my class with google classroom and all of the students show up in the course.

Problem is none can access the course. When they sign in using the ‘Continue with Google’ option, it let’s them sign in, but no course appears. I have watched them do it and it happens for all of them. In the past, before synching was an option I created the sections and manually entered everyone. They would always have a section code to enter. This time there is nothing. . . please help.