Multiple Choice Assessments

Has anyone drafted any assessments?

1 Like

I haven’t seen any. I’m not forced to make assessments in the traditional test like vain, so I don’t. I let projects, discussions, and written prompts guide my assessment of learning. I find that it is refreshing for the students too. I also emphasize that it is the experience of the class that is the real importance here. Get students excited, get them thinking, working and growing, and hopefully that will translate into them taking more computer science classes.

Also, if you look at the class as teaching the students practices, how are problem solving, persistence, creativity, collaboration, and communication genuinely tested via a multiple choice? I suppose there are some ways to make questions and maybe we can crowdsource some here on the forum but I don’t see it as needed. I would also say that unit 2 is more aligned towards having a multiple choice assessment like this because of the technical nature of HTML and CSS.

1 Like

Oh, and maybe take a look at this thread.

7 Likes

Thank you! My district mandates multiple choice assessments to prepare students for the many standardized assessments they take. I agree that most of what we teach in these courses should not be tested by multiple choice.

Thank you so much for sharing… I will be using some of these for my kiddos!

andy

Wonderful assessment! Thanks so much!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When I try to click on the link I get a message saying I don’t have access even though I am logged in. Any suggestions?

Hi @laurieann.lawson,

Are you getting that message from the Forum link or from the download link on that page? I just followed it & everything worked fine for me.

–Michael K.

Forum link

image002.jpg

@laurieann.lawson I think I’ve got it – that link is on the Assessment tab, which is only visible if you have a verified teacher account. It’s not uncommon for teachers to never go through that process. Fill out this form (also on the page I linked before) and that should give you access to that board. If not, let me know & we can keep working at it.

Thanks,
Michael K.

Good morning,

I did do that and I am verified. Thank you.

image002.jpg

1 Like

Excellent! Did that resolve the issue? Or do you mean you’re already verified and there’s still an issue?

–Michael K.

I have been verified since early August, so it is still an issue
:frowning:

image002.jpg

@laurieann.lawson

Hi! Could you email support@code.org with this problem? It would be helpful for you to include screenshot of the problem (including the URL that is not giving you access), and he email address that your account uses. That will allow the correct person to investigate further.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing!