Multiple Choice Responses

I’m looking in the teacher dashboard and am wondering if there is an easy way to get a snapshot of how students responded to multiple choice questions. I don’t see these under “Text Responses” or under “Assessments/Surveys”. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Are you talking about the Check your Understanding multiple choice questions at the end of the lessons? If yes, I don’t think there is one place for you to see all student responses. You have to look at the responses for each question one student at a time by scrolling through the students in the Teacher Panel on the right of each stage (see pic). Only the responses to assessment questions appear under “Assessments/Surveys”.

1 Like

Yes that is what I’m talking about. I want to see a summary of my class and how they answered those multiple choice questions. I want to see if everyone got them right or if there was there one question that many people got wrong, It looks to me like there is not even a way to export that information as a .csv (like you can for the written responses). It takes too much time to click through each student one at a time for each question and record their result by hand to see what percentage of the class got each question right or wrong.

1 Like

Ooops! I didn’t realize students got immediate feedback as the whether their multiple choice response is right or wrong.

And they can resubmit as many times as they want!

Hi @epsteingh!

Students do get immediate feedback on those multiple choice checks for understanding. For the text responses, you can download those into a CSV file and review/grade those responses as you wish.

To do this:

• Go to your dashboard and view your sections.
  • Then click on the name of the section you want to look at.
  • This will take you to a new screen where you can see student progress.
  • Click on the tab at the top that says “Text Responses”
  • Select the unit you want to look at - this will pull up student responses in a grid
  • Click on the button that says “Download CSV”

I hope that helps a little bit!
Kaitie

1 Like

3 years later and this is still a problem… Code.org should step up their game!

Thanks for the reminder Megan. It’s always good to put in feature requests (support.code.org) for these types of things to help remind the team that teachers still value this thing.

i am unable to see Text Responses as well.

contacting support would help.

Sure that would work. do you know whats their response time?