Here's my project sheet:
"In 2027 you will be working in a job somewhere (or living in your mom's basement ). What will technology be like? What do you imagine that future will be ? Will robots have taken all our jobs? Will nobody need a driver's license? Will we be human/computer cyborgs? Will Cookie Clicker 4.0 be so addictive that it is outlawed?
William Gibson, who brilliantly imagined "cyberspace" in Neuromancer, is my favorite scifi futurist. When asked about the future, he said:
'The future is already here, it is just not evenly distributed.'
Your job is to form a team of 2 or 3 people (and try to find at least one person with some video production experience). Imagine a specific technology and its potential impact on us 10 years from now, then create a movie about it. The movie will be ~5 minutes in length. It could be an imagined news report, an action film, a comedy, a romance - you decide on the method of story-telling.
Your team will brainstorm to come up with an idea (run by me), create an outline or storyboard (review this with me before you start filming), record your film, edit it (adding music/special effects), and show it to the class. It is due the end of May. This is your final project.
Here's my rubric:
* Understands needs of team and roles of team members.
* Supports the team in a positive and productive manner.
* Accepts responsibility for one's role, and delivers on time.
* Helps team to adjust to obstacles and changes in schedule.
* Ensures team stays on schedule and meets all deadlines.
Community, Global, and Ethical Impacts:
* Understand legal and ethical behaviors when using information and technology and the consequences of misuse.
* Understand the evolution of information technologies over time and the effects those changes have on society.
* Understand the uses & impact of computing technology on business and commerce
* Understand Intellectual property and licensing issues.