Real app look and feel? Sharing AppLab app via exported zip file?

My student wants the app to “install” on phones and be accessible from the app drawer, etc. in the smartphone. How would this work – or something close to this?

I exported the zip folder and clicked on the html index after unzipping. That seems to work. The problem is that the user has to have the folder, open it and click on the right file.

I also see how to embed in an html page.

When I was doing AppInventor2, we got apk files and could just email them. They then “installed” and were there for the user. I am trying to get something like this in place with AppLab. “Close” is good enough.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Lee

Since its a web app the really easy way to do this is by adding a tile on your phone screen for the website address. Here is some information on how to do this.

Also, this
http://www.kylejlarson.com/blog/adding-an-icon-for-iphone-ipad-android-to-your-website/

Is there an easy way to let them put their own icon on the app vs the code.org icon? (Grey with “C” in the middle.)

@nicholsonl I don’t know of a way to do it currently. I know we’ve looked into it before and I’ve forwarded your request on to the product team to consider if and how we can integrate it into future improvements to App Lab.