Trouble Accessing App Lab - "Bad Gateway"

Hi, we are having trouble accessing App Lab this morning. About 50% of the time that a page is loaded we are returned with a “Bad Gateway” page. I’m concerned with the Portfolio Projects due today that we won’t be able to get to the students projects. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Thank you!

@lindsay.macgillivray

My understanding is that there were some issues with the site after maintenance this weekend and it is actively being worked on! Unfortunately, if it is on the code.org side of things there isn’t much you can do to “fix” the problem.

Depending on your school population, you might want to consider offering a time after school today for students to get help with submitting. OR if your school is supportive, maybe suggesting your students get out 20 minutes early from their last hour to meet you in a lab/classroom to do it. As long as it is fixed by then, you should be good to go.

I know it is stressful, and less than ideal, but I am just brainstorming other solutions.

@lindsay.macgillivray Curriculum Team member here. I’ve been advised by our engineering team that you and your students should keep trying to get through. They’re tracking the errors on our end and believe that your students should eventually be able to get through to projects but just may need to try more than once. They’re doing work on our end to try to make the system more stable.

I understand this is absolutely the worst time for these issues so our sincere apologies. Please keep us informed if that’s not working and we’ll do everything we can to help.

Creating one thread to discuss this issue here http://forum.code.org/t/code-org-site-outages-bad-gateway/15940 We’re working on a solution and have already spoken to the College Board.

Thank you for the information! Students in my second period class didn’t have the same problem and they were able to access/submit their projects.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear it eventually got resolved. See that thread above for information on getting an extension for your first period students. Again our apologies for the issues.