WebLab & Browser Issues

My students are having 2 issues while working on their personal Websites. One is what looks like an issue with Safari v 10.1.1. The code of their pages appears as red dots! See the screen shot.

We discovered this because they are all experiencing another problem when browsing with chrome. Several students’ navigation links show a blank page when linking back to another page within their site. I have looked at their navigation links and they all look good. In fact, the navigation bar code is just being copied and pasted on all of the pages. The links will work on one page but not another. Is this a known issue?

I’ve heard that code.org is aware of this and is working to solve it hopefully by midweek! They’re on it!

Thanks, John!

Here are some suggestions from Brad, who’s working on the problem right now:

1. It’s possible your local machine is holding on to the last version of Web Lab. Please reload Web Lab without cache by following the instructions for your browser on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache

2. If your project was saved with red dots, they may show up even after our fix. In this case, please use the purple “Version History” button above the workspace to restore an older version of your project that does not contain the red dots.

If the above steps still don’t work, please let us know by submitting a bug report in the ‘hamburger’ menu at the top right of the screen. It would help us out if you can include your browser version and operating system (for example, Safari 11 on macOS High Sierra). If you don’t know, that’s okay too.

Elizabeth