Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi. My name is Meilii (pronounced Miley) Halfmann and I’m from sunny Tucson, AZ. I currently teach Technology and Yearbook at Magee Middle School where I’ve taught for the past 2.5 years. Before that I taught business for seven years at Sahuaro High School. I swore I’d never teach middle school and I learned 2.5 years ago to never say “NEVER”! :slight_smile: Before my teaching career, I worked as an executive assistant and realized that life was too short to do a job that I hated even though I was really good at it. Again, thinking back to my phrase of never saying never, I remember telling my husband many years ago when he got into teaching that I would never want to be a teacher! So here I am, now in my 11th year of teaching, and I absolutely love it.

I learned about this program about a week ago and since we’re in the process of changing our curriculum to teach our kids to be more tech savvy, we thought this program would be perfect. My kids keep asking about coding and other computer skills that I haven’t taught before because I don’t know it, but now I’m excited about working with this program and getting my students involved!

You can get in touch with me currently through email at meilii.halfmann@tusd1.org. I haven’t set up my twitter account yet (actually have one but can’t remember how to get into it :smile:) so until then, have to go old school!

My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip!

Hi
My Name is Maggie Richman and I live in Issaquah, Washington.
I am an attorney but I am done with law and am switching my career to teaching and will be teaching technology in my summer camps, other than that i am a mother for a 12 year old very fine young man :slight_smile:

Thank You

Peace and mercy of Allah and his blessings may be upon you
i’m Nancy Mohamed a math teacher
from Egypt
i teach 9-12 Math
now i’m trying to have my PhD it’s About "The impact of computer programming in develope the creative thinking for primary school pupils "
I’m really excited to teach Computer Science an programming to my little kids in my school
I think this will be a great community to share ideas, tips and suggestions on implementing Code Studio in our classrooms!
my fb acount

Hi all. I am Ashish Bhatnagar. I am ICT teacher in Singapore School Kelapa Gading, Jakarta Indonesia. I always wanted to teach my student something special something which engages them and they can learn and enjoy at the same time. I think code.org is the best place to do this. I also use Scratch to teach my students. Thanks.

Hey Y’all
I am Wendy Pierce. I’m from South Louisiana. I teach Special Education in an elementary school of about 300 kids. We are a title one school and are always looking for ways to engage our kiddos in new ways. I constantly read to keep up with the latest, and all I see is coding. I am interested to learn the most I can to be able to incorporate it into our current teaching and learning opportunities.

Greetings from Searcy, Arkansas.
My name is Eric Swenson and I am the new K-6 Technology Teacher at Harding Academy in Searcy, Arkansas. I also teach an 8th Grade Computer/Technology Introduction course. This is my first year as a technology teacher, having previously been a 4th grade and 1st grade teacher at a private school in Pottstown, Pennsylvania and a 1st grade public school teacher in Keller, Texas. I also spent a few years as a corporate trainer for end-user software products in the banking industry, sales force automation, and supply chain execution. (Probably sounds more impressive than it really is.) With degrees in Elementary Education and Elementary Administration, my technology training is mostly self-acquired. I look for opportunities, such as this, in order to further my technology “know how.” Now that I am teaching technology, I hope to have more opportunities to broaden my knowledge base and pass that on to my students. I am looking forward to this course. Thank you.
(And my favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate raspberry.)

Hello ^^
I’am trabelsi intissar from Tunisia. I’am a middle school teacher (my students are between 12 and 15)
i love seeing the excited and proud look thant some student have when they discover something new <3

this is me in my classroom and the gfraffitis are done by some students
oh and my favorite ice cream favor is caramel and coffee.
my name Intissar is arabic and it means victory ^
^
that’s all thank you
ps:i’am not a native english speaker so i’am sorry if my writing is terrible -_-

My name is Lynda and I work in a high school on the Central Coast, NSW, Australia teaching students with intellectual disabilities in Yrs 7-10 Support classes. I am wanting to learn how to code to teach my students. I think most will enjoy it.

Hello,

I am teaching CS Principles at a small private high school. I am a math teacher by trade, but am really enjoying teaching CS and working with CS teachers as a CSP facilitator this year.

Alice

Good Morning! My name is Angela I work with students K-8 in the Florida Keys. I would like to learn more about coding and computer science because my students show a passion for technology.

• Joe Kemery
  • San Diego,CA
  • 4th and 5th Grade
  • Coding is something that I’ve always been interested in, and am completing this course as a way of improving my own delivery of content. My students have access to a lot of resources, thanks to grants that I’ve received, and I am looking at using the curriculum as a way of unifying all the resources we have with a common curriculum for instruction.
  • On site, we have Ozobots, Dash and Dot, and LEGO Mindstorm for students to use.
  • 10 years teaching, 2015 District Teacher of the Year
  • Google Education Trainer

Website
Twitter

Hi my name is Gyo, I live in Florida, and I’m a dad interested in teaching my kids computer programing fundamentals and coding. I will teach 1st and 3rd grade. I have basic experience with coding but it is my first time teaching my kids.

Hi, everyboy
my name is Maria Grazia, I live in Reggio Calabria, Calabria ,Italy.
I teach in “scuola superiore di 1° grado”
Iwould like being part of this community, because I start to do coding this year with my classes and I would like know more.

My name is Kevin Yates and I am a 6th grade ELA teacher in Baltimore, Ohio. I am interested in learning about coding to incorporate more technology in my classroom. I have a very basic knowledge of coding.

Hi everyone,

My name is Alisha and I’m currently living in Toronto, Canada. I recently completed my M.S. in Computer Science at Stanford, and also taught Stanford’s intro programming class for one term.

This past September, I spent a month in Central Asia starting an afterschool coding club for students in remote regions of Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. I partnered with local schools and introduced their teachers to CS using AppLab. Those teachers are now running afterschool lessons twice a week for students in grades 6 - 10. The students have completed most of Unit 3 so far, and will be moving onto Unit 5 next.

In a recent conversation with some of the teachers, we thought it would interesting to connect our students with students in other parts of the world who are at similar stages in exploring computer science. This gives students on both ends an opportunity to discuss (maybe even show off a little) what they’ve learned, as well as exposing them to the global nature of the CS community.

The idea is to set up a couple Skype sessions where small groups of students in each country share what they’re working on. I’m very flexible to suggestions regarding the format. For reference, our students have conversational fluency in English (it’s not their first language, but certainly enough to have a good discussion).

Please let me know if you are interested! I would be happy to arrange phone calls to discuss further.

Best,
Alisha

Hi Everyone,

This is Gurcan from the east of Turkey ( Ağrı ). I live in a small town and want to teach coding the students around me! Thanks to all CODE.ORG community!

Hi!
My name is Christine and I am an elementary teacher in Missouri. I got interested in coding when I was working on my Masters degree in Computer Education about 6 years ago. I have used the code.org website for a couple of years now with my students, but I am excited to delve into it more deeply myself now and hope that I can teach some of the teachers in my building/district how to teach computer science and coding concepts to their students.
~Christine

Hello everyone! My name is Betty Nichols and I live in Lakeland, Florida. After teaching for 20 years in the public school system, I am enjoying a change by working at a private Catholic school. While I have always been tech savvy, even serving as a Model Technology Teacher and Technology Coach, this is my first year actually teaching technology to students. I work with students in PreK-8th grade, so planning for and meeting such a wide range of needs and abilities is a challenge. I recently “dabbled” with coding during the Hour of Code Week back in December, however I certainly need develop my own knowledge as my principal would like to have a “coding club” next year! So, I look forward to working through the professional development offerings on Code.org to learn more about how to effectively teach coding to students!

HI - My name is Chris Post - I have been teaching Computer Applications at Tapestry Charter High Shcool for four years. This class is going to progress into a computer science track and I am here to explore that curriculum.

Hi , my name is LIzl, I am a support teacher in Australia. My dream is to teach kids code. Would I be able to continue with Code.org if I live in Australia?