Welcome! Please introduce yourself

EN:
Hello everyone!
My name is Rodrigo Muniz, I am a systems analyst and I have a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences. Today I work in a systems development company, but I am working on a project to implement programming education in elementary and middle schools.
I hope that the teaching of programming becomes popular in Brazil and I intend to participate actively in this process and contribute actively.

PT-BR:
Olá a todos!
Meu nome é Rodrigo Muniz, sou analista de sistemas e tenho bacharel em ciências biológicas. Hoje trabalho em uma empresa de desenvolvimento de sistemas, mas estou elaborando um projeto para implementar ensino de programação em escolas do ensino fundamental e médio.
Espero que o ensino de programação se popularize no Brasil e pretendo participar ativamente desse processo e contribuir ativamente.

Hello,
I’m Carrie O’Neal. I’m in my 3rd year as an instructional technology coach for a small school district in Barstow, California. I’ve spent 15 years teaching in the elementary grades. Our students need more opportunities for future success, I whole-heartedly believe that CS can provide some of our students a way to find success and opportunities after graduation. So, I want to find ways to ensure our students are exposed to CS, but I want to provide our teachers with powerful resources to support them in this mission too. I also want to pursue my own learning about CS and coding. I hope to create after school clubs at our school sites. These are exciting times for our students!

I am Kanchuka Jayawardena, from Sri Lanka. I have being teachin 23 years. I am appointed as English teacher in 1994 and then appointed as ICT teacher in 2007.
I love teaching computer science. It is so happy to meet with teachers everywhere in the world and learn and share ideas and experiences with them.

Hey! My name is Maggie. I live in Maine and am a technology integrator at two different elementary schools in RSU57. I’m interested in being a part of the community because we are working toward creating a more interactive library/media center time for our kids with relevant learning, like coding. I have minimal experience with coding as I’ve only touched upon the basics with my students with beginning apps in coding, so I’m looking forward to learning more and pushing my students to create and learn!

Hello,
My name is Rawan El Adawi
I am a Math teacher but I was hired recently as the ICT teacher in Wellspring Learning Community school in Lebanon, Beirut.
I teach grades 1, 2, 3 and 4. Looking forward to improving my skills in coding to help my students achieve the goals that we’ve set for their grade levels.

Hello. My name is Luna Mishoe. I am a middle school science teacher in Newark, NJ. I am always seeking new and innovative ways to engage my students. Being an educator is definitely a rewarding experience which I have to enjoyed since 1998.

One of my favorite hobbies is to BBQ. As a result, I am attempting to start a food truck business. Check me out at Uncle Lu’s BBQ on Facebook and BBQ and Butter Instagram.

Nicole Marchesiello-Clark
Pinellas County Florida
Fifth Grade
I’m starting a CODE Club

Merhaba ben Aysun Anasınıfı öğretmeniyim.kodlama ili etkinlik hazırlamam lazım ama kodlamaya çok yabancıyım

Hi I am Melissa. I work in a K-12 independent day school in North Texas where I am the Teaching and Learning Technologist. I teach technology classes as well as help teachers integrate technology into their classroom.

1 Like

My name is Alice Brooks. I live in Paso Robles, California. I am teaching CS Fundamentals to 2 classes at the Templeton Hills SDA School - K-8. One class is Grades K-2, the other is Grades 3-8. I am not a teacher, but I have been an IT Professional since 1969. I actually started programming in machine language. I have been a programmer, programmer/analyst, systems/analyst, systems administrator and an Oracle database administrator. I want our children to start learning to code as early as possible. I’m sure the knowledge will change their lives. I want to be a part of that. I started looking for organizations with that same goal when I retired. I found code.org and blackgirlscode.org This is my first experience with either. I thought that while I certainly want as many black girls as possible to learn how to code, I want to work with children who want to learn to code. The title" blackgirlscode" makes me think that code is not their only agenda. I think that the fewer groups there are that add race to their name, the better. In this case, it doesn’t add anything to the goal of teaching children to code. This organization is a blessing. They have handled the area that I am weakest in. Teaching a classroom full of children and guaging whether they are absorbing anything. I’m sure that this forum will be invaluable to a first-timer. My ice cream flavor is butter pecan.

Hi, my name is Liz Stewart, I am teacher of 10-13 year old students in Hawera, South Taranaki, New Zealand. I want to give my students the opportunity to develop their computer skills so that they can reach their full potential in an ever changing future.

Hi, my name is Shannon and I am teaching Code to grades K-5 in Wayne and Cabell counties in West Virginia. I am so excited to bring this to our kids!

Hello! My name is Amber Ferrari and I am a 3rd Grade Teacher in San Jose, California. This year I am implementing a 45 minute Coding Lab into my class so that all students have access to learn how to code. Students rotate in two groups. A parent helper takes half of my class to our school garden and I stay and help the other half of the class with coding. It’s been going great so far but love to learn some more fundamentals in order to better help my students with tricky coding challenges!

Hi, My name is Tami Kuhfal and I teach 5th and 6th grade in Orchard, Nebraska. I have 14 5th graders and 4 6th grade. We are departmentalized. I teach reading, spelling to both grades and math and social studies to 5th grade. I am in the northeast corner of the state. Our population is 150. I live 30 minutes away in a town of 1,600.

We have always participated in Hour of Code. This year I started a Coding Club. I have 25 students in it!!! I have used Spheros for the start but am now starting Level F for them. I am new to all of this. I became inspired by my daughter who is a Computer Engineer.

I have an amazing husband, 2 beautiful daughters and a 16 year old dog. My favorite ice cream is rocky road.

This summer I spent it recuperating after my 2nd open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. I was born with a congenital heart defect that has never limited me.

I am excited to learn along with my students.

Hello
My name is Robb Brooks and I teach grade 8 at NGDHS up here in Canada. In a prior life I was a programmer analyst in the private sector before making the jump into education. I have had some experience with using robotics with students and have seen the high level of engagement and creative thinking it can bring. I hope to use programming using code to the get the same level of interaction between the students and teach them some “real world” skills.
Hope to use this course for inspiration and ideas.
Robb :slight_smile:

My Name is Arlene
I’m living in Ventura County, CA and working at a K-8 Charter School. I am teaching STEM part time (2 days a week) to K-6 graders (about 45 minute sessions). I am trying to learn as much as possible about teaching coding to my upper grade level classes. I’ve got almost no experience with Coding, but I’m eager to learn! And my favorite ice cream is usually some kind of chocolate and peanut butter combo!

Hello may name is Michael Mitrani, and I am a teacher in Miami-Dade County. FL. I teach in a middle/high charter school, so I have a very wide range of students from 6th grade to 12th grade, in different courses. I teach mostly intro to engineering and photoshop, and I will be teaching a PLTW course in App creation in January. I’m trying to get as prepared as I can be for this next course.

Hello my name is Tabetha Blevins, I live in Huntington WV and work for Playmates child care after school centers.
I will be teaching K and up computer coding classes after school. We will be using code.org lessons to start out our classes.

Hello All,

My name is Darren Vaniskhian. Also known as Mr. V!
I’m starting my third year as a pull-out Gifted teacher who has been teaching Computer Science to my 3rd & 4th grade students in NJ. I taught Course 3 last year to my 4th grade students and just realized that Course 3 is no longer available as it was last year. It seems to have re-vamped, re-named, and edited. I’m torn between choosing from Course E or the new CS Express Course.

Any suggestions?

I’m looking forward to seeing the new enhancements, videos, and activities that Course E and CS Express has to offer!

Hello,

I’m Kelly from Montgomery, PA. I’m an Instruction & Technology coach with my district. I support teachers preK-12 and I’m starting up an Elementary Coding Club in my district. I have some very minimal experience with coding, clubs, or elementary children. Basically, I’ve been tinkering around with Code.org here and there, but that’s about it.

I’m @instr_coach on Twitter.

My favorite ice cream flavor is easy: PSU Creamery’s Happy Happy Joy Joy which is coconut ice cream with butter roasted almonds and chocolate chips. YOU’RE WELCOME.
Probably one of the coolest things I’ve done in my life was thru-hike the John Muir Trail. Here I am at the final pass of the trail before climbing Mt. Whitney and finishing the hike.