Would you recommend using App Lab for actual app creation?

Hello code.org community! I’m curious if anyone has used App Lab to create an app that they’ve actually used? I’m going to work with a group of 6th graders at my school for an end of year project. (They have done research on shoe company practices and will create an app that consumers can use while shopping for shoes to determine what companies align with their values.) I’ve used App Lab in my class as part of CSD and kids have created great prototypes. Do you see any downside to using App Lab for the creation of this app project? It’s really just an app that consumers can read information from - it doesn’t need to do anything fancy. Any gut reactions would be appreciated!!

I created a social media app that users regularly use. While I don’t recommend it for actual app creation for a wide variety of reasons, it’s still easy to use for prototyping.

How do you do this? My students have only done the app lab intro but they want to add this functionality. I told them I don’t think they can in code.org!
Thanks!
Rachel