‘16-‘17 General Discussion for Lesson 5.17

Use this thread to discuss your questions and comments about how to run the lesson.

When I look at the example on stage 17 #17, 18, 19 the app does not fully function. I was not sure why that was happening.

Could you clarify? What is happening exactly? Please share a link to your code.

Question:

Since the APP wants you to press SHIFT to Draw, one of my students was curious as to how the APP would work on your phone since there is no SHIFT key on the phone.

Thanks for any insight

Hi @jkeays

Right now SHIFT is not mapped to anything on the phone so it will probably not work on the phone. Mouse events are probably the safer option when you want to make something mobile friendly. We are continuing to work on ways to make going from the computer to the phone easier.

Best,

Dani

Thanks for the update

I am running out of time going through Unit 5 before the students work on the Create Task. Do students need to complete all the lessons in Unit 5 before the Create Task or can I skip the Canvas Painter App - Lesson 17?

Thanks, Jennifer

The skills and concepts taught in chapter 1 of unit 5 is enough for students to do the create PT. Concept of arrays taught in chapter 2 are needed for the exam. I have skipped lesson 17 in the past.