About the CS Fundamentals (CSF) (K-5) category

Welcome! This is a place for teachers who are implementing Computer Science Fundamentals. We see it as a space to share best practices, questions, thoughts, ideas and inspiration, and to build a professional learning community for all of you amazing educators who are making change each day in your classroom.

Please refer to our community guidelines and help us maintain a professional, courteous and supportive environment for learning and sharing.

We also ask that you keep the following norms in mind when interacting with others in this community:

1. This forum is for discussions around teaching and learning. If you have a question or comment related to any of the following, please do not post it here as we might not be able to respond in a timely manner: bug reports, broken links or issues with online PD, errors or mistakes in any of our curriculum documents, support requests for your classroom or your school, or help you need from a code.org employee. If you need to post on any of the above, please go here and review the FAQs first, then post to our Support community: http://support.code.org

2. We are all in this together. As educators, we all want the best for our students. When providing feedback to others in this forum, please assume positive intent on the part of the original poster, and endeavor to add to the discussion.

3. Trolling and unprofessional behavior will result in an immediate ban from this forum.

4. This forum is available for you, our educator community, to teach, help, and encourage one another. We will be monitoring the space, but Code.org regrets that we cannot respond to every post.

We look forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

My goal for my classroom is getting the self-contained student I have to understand the basics of coding. I think I’m most excited to see my student master the basics of coding to see if he has an interest in coding. I think one challenge I will have is my student dealing with frustration at not being able to solve some of the puzzles easily. I think questions that I have would be best answered by looking through the lessons and videos and possibly asking persons online.

HI i want to know about researches, articules, tesis in programming in the wordl or south america.

Hi @Rafy-San I recommend you take a look at this page (https://code.org/promote/morestats) we created to share interesting research and stats. It is not specific to South America, but might give you what you are looking for.

Megan

What are formats teachers have found effective for Kinder aged students?

I am a parent helping in a classroom and thus far have used the following formats on other computer literacy topics and am in the process of using the code.org.
Format 1: groups of 5 students each with their own laptop for small blocks of time (10 minutes, ~4 min actual usage after all the login clicks and such). Cycle through groups to get to all students.
Format 2: entire class room, each student with a laptop.
Format 3: paired programming with 2nd grade partner

Thinking the students would benefit from larger blocks of time…perhaps 20 minutes (double it).

Looking for input on what has been effective for groups of 5. what about a class of 24 (format 2)? what about when teamed up (format 3)?

Yo agradezco la oportunidad de aprender en ciencias de la computación para poder empoderar a mis estudiantes

hello,
how are you
I make coding classes for children from 5 - 7 years using course A & B curriculum
groups of for 1 hour, 6 students each student with a separatated Ipad, sometimes work togather with pair programming rules (do&don’t) .
Code.org lesson plans is very useful ,though I add some activities that fits my class in egypt as a code club for children through summer camp program
you can visit our facebookpage Q-STEAM CLUB
Redirecting...