As I begin to plan for an upcoming first semester final exam, I am finding that I need some clarity on the 6 Computational Thinking Practices and The 5 Bid Ideas of the Concept Outline. I was given a great introduction to these things at the CSP Professional Development last summer but was not ready to hear it at that point. If this discussion exists some where else I am am happy to move there (I searched but couldn’t find it.)
- Are people teaching these explicitly?
- Are they are useful review mechanism or organizational scaffold for the test?
- Any good links out there that makes sense of all this?
Computational Thinking Practices
- P1: Connecting Computing
- P2: Creating Computational Artifacts
- P3: Abstracting
- P4: Analyzing Problems and Artifacts
- P5: Communicating
- P6: Collaborating
The Concept Outline
- Big Idea 1: Creativity
- Big Idea 2: Abstraction
- Big Idea 3: Data and Information
- Big Idea 4: Algorithms
- Big Idea 5: Programming
- Big Idea 6: The Internet
- Big Idea 7: Global Impact
Computer Science Teacher
Oakland Technical High School