Computer Science in Science PD: Meet and Greet

Hi, Jordan! I went to elementary school in Los Angeles, but have lived most of my life in Chicago. It’s nice to see a fellow Angelino on this forum. Can’t wait to learn more about implementing CS into our curriculum.

Hi, Anna! I just finished my first year teaching middle school science as well. I only started in March so it’s not a full year, but I’m excited to start fresh in September.

Hi, my name is Amanda. I have taught for 6 years at Pershing Elementary Magnet. I taught 4th grade for 5 years and this past year I taught K-5 STEM. In our STEM course we’ve utilized code.org’s Code Studio modules and participated in DePaul University’s Hour of Code event for CSed Week.

Hi, Kymia. I too am a STEM teacher, and just finished up teaching the first year of STEM at our school in CPS. I absolutely loved it, and I’m sure you will too!

Hello my name is Julie and I have been teaching middle school science for the past 17 years. I have taught the 6th, 7th, and 8th Science. I also was a professional development leader for science in our district.

Hi! My name is Tim Ramos. I teach at Goethe Elementary in Chicago. I’ve been here for two years and look forward to working with you all.

My name is Larry. I have been a computer teacher for over 15 years. I am curious to see how it can be integrated into middle school science.

My name is Samantha Judilla. I barely finished my first year of teaching last year. This year I am teaching 7th grade Science and a STEM Lab class at Young Oak Kim Academy Middle School. I have minimal experience with CS - just played around with Scratch during my teacher training program.

Hello, My name is Joy, and I have taught middle school physical science for 18 years. I am interested in learning to code myself, so learning to code as I use coding with students is a wonderful opportunity for me.

Hi, Hazel, I am nervous,too, about starting to incorporate computer science in my physical science classes. I have found that if I try my lesson on my after school science club students, I feel more confident. The students who come after school are motivated and happy to be patient with me when I do not know how to solve a problem. They are often the ones who teach me rather than the other way around.

Hello, my name is Kim. I have taught HS Science for 8 years and am transitioning to a new teaching position this upcoming year. I will teach Science and STEM Block to middle school students at Columbia Crest A-STEM Academy in Ashford, WA.

I am intrigued with CS in Science! Can’t wait for my students to shine thru this form of learning and understanding.

Hi I’m Anna and I teach K-8 STEM in the Chicago Public Schools. I am going to be teaching CS in Science and Algebra to my 6th-8th graders, and I am excited yet intimidated about teaching Computer Science.

Hello. My name is Derrick Bullington. This is my 15th year teaching and my 3rd as a science teacher. I began my career at an outdoor environmental education program. Then I taught at a Catholic K-8 school for a few years before moving to Brentwood.

Hi my name is Ty, Im originally from New Orleans and I moved to South Florida about 3 yrs ago. I am a middle school science teacher, but my background is health and fitness and I have a degree in Biology, so I decided to teach so that I can be home with my kids when their I out of school. This is my first year teaching and I absolutely enjoy it. I look forward to learning more about everyone else.