Computer Science in Science PD: Meet and Greet

I’m Jean and I remember coding with LOGO in high school in the 80’s. (I’m ancient.) I’m glad coding will now be available to the middle school students I teach because it is a practical use for logical thinking.

Hi Andrea! I’m happy that we are both doing code.org together! :slight_smile:

Hello! My name is Brittany and I just finished my 14th year of teaching. I have spent the majority of those years teaching middle school science.

Hi! My name is Gina. I’ve taught in a variety of topics and situations (Horticulture/Agriculture… Management/Employee Training… Introduction to and Lotus… Middle School Science.) I’ve been teaching Science for 11 years. I’m always loved working on computers and look forward to taking my knowledge to a new level while merging it with my current assignment.

Look forward to seeing you! Hope all’s well. (Bring pictures! :blush:

Hi, I’m Douglas. I’m getting started on this late due to a mix up with my participation. I currently teach middle school science and just completed my 22nd year. I’ve not taught computer science before so I’m looking forward to learning some new information that I can bring to my science classes.

Hello I’m April. I’ve been teaching for 15 years and just completed my first year teaching middle school science. Before that I taught Biology at the high school level.

My name is Skip. I have been teaching middle school science for 3 years now.

My name is Kim, I have been at the same Middle School for 14 years. I am a special educator that has partnered with the language arts and math teachers in my building. This is my first year partnering with the science teacher. I am excited to learn more about code.org, and how it will help us engage students that struggle across all content areas, but especially in science.

Hi, my name is Al. I have taught middle school science for nine years. I teach a subject I love, and I work in a great school with great people, so work doesn’t feel like work to me.

Hi, my name is Suzanne. I have been teaching for 7 years: 5 years in Math and 2 in computers. This is my first foray into Science and computers. I’m looking forward to it!

Hi, my name is Chris and I have been teaching for 18 years. My first 2 years I was a self-contained 8th grade teacher. The past 15 years I taught 6-8th grade science. This year I teach 7-8th grade and I enjoy it because there is less stress not having to prepare for 3 different grade levels.

Hi! My name is Miguel and I am 6th-8th grade. I have been teaching now for 20 years and it feels like yesterday was my first day! I am extremely excited to incorporate computer science into my science instruction.

Hello,
I’m Irini Salamah.
I’ve been a teacher for 5 years. I’m a special education teacher, working with students with emotional disturbance, and i have no experience with CS.

Hi! My name is Crystal Davidson. I just completed my second year of teaching middle school science. I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. I am the only science teacher in my school so it gets a little lonely. Both years I have taught middle school science I used Code.org’s tutorials during computer science education week to introduce my students to computer science and coding. My students love it! Prior to teaching I spent 12 years working in the field of microbiology and decided I needed a change. I am really excited about this PD and the opportunity to incorporate more computer science in my classroom.

Cathy,
I would LOVE to be able to teach a Forensic Science elective in middle school. I have several students who are interested in it and think they would like to pursue Forensic Science as a career. What topics do you include in your course at the middle school level?

My name is Daisy. I am a middle school STEM Coordinator. I have taught Science for 20+ years. I teach Gateway to Technology and I am the STEM Coordinator. I have a little background of Computer Science.

Hi, My name is Yalili Low and I have 15 years teaching experience in Science.

Hello. My name is Christie. I teach physical science and have no experice implementing cs into my classroom.

Hello

My name is Lorie Bishop and I am an 8th year teacher. I teach 8th grade physical science in Gwinnett Couny Schools.