CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop 2019

Can’t wait to add more CS Discoveries lessons to my curriculum!

1 Like

CSD is the best! Bring on the future! :partying_face:

1 Like

I am so excited to try the assessment feature.
Christine

1 Like

Enjoying CSD 5 Day Summer workshop 2019 in Maine!

This workshop is amazing, our Maine code.org facilitators have given me the confidence I need.

I’ve learned so many great instruction tips through these TLOs!

Great workshop. BUT MY BRAIN HURTS! LOL

1 Like

I have learned a lot about HTML, I had no idea about how to do anything with web design. It is not a scary as I thought!!

I learned so much about how to teach CS at an age appropriate level.

I have learned some much about coding and teaching coding! I have learned about the pacing of lessons and a lot of reflective journal ideas!

I have learned that HTML and CSS are not that intimidating!

This is for the scavenger hunt:

I have learned so much about HTML! I feel much more confident about teaching it now!

I am learning about various strategies to use to assist students to work through coding.

I am having fun this week and am looking forward to implementing these things I’ve learned this fall.

The Code.org training is top-notch!

Super fun class so far!! Looking forward to getting kids excited about coding!! :slight_smile:

Also for the scavenger hunt.

Saw a great unplugged way of explaining HTML vs. CSS difference today. Will have to implement something of the sort in my class next year.

Using the Forum is so eye opening for me. It has so many resources and allows for others to help each other.

This week was my first exposure to code.org. I have learned SO much. It’s been very helpful to be able to be in the “learner” role as much as I have. There are so many resources available. Thanks code.org!

I learned my first bits of html this week.