CS Discoveries 5-day Summer Workshop Sharing!

I’ve learned a lot, but I am partial to CSS.

I really enjoyed the programming learning and hands-on.activities. This is a terrific fit for our district!

I learned what the Discoveries curriculum includes and how I can implement it in the next year.

Scavenger Hunt Post: This week has helped me learn and understand the importance of self discovery for our students!

I learned that could take out parts of lessons/change them - with minimum background knowledge I had been following lesson plans pretty completely which was making things long and drawn out for some things.

Pair programming is a new technique for next year, and HTML is my rest-of-summer exploration.

I learned that code.org has partnered with Kahoot to create a series of quizzes!

1 Like

Great workshops. I obtained a ton of resources for my class.

This workshop gave me a structure I have lacked to teach CS in my middle school.

In the summer workshop this week, I have learned too much to sum up into one post. I am very impressed by the dynamic lessons, full curriculum guide and all the resources. I feel confident that we can implement this easily into our school.

I am enjoying the ease of the CSD curriculm!

I learned what pair programming is and how to use it!

I have learned there is a lot more to learn. So wish this could have been in person and not virual.

:heart: Some great training going on here in Tennessee! Ready to bring CS to my classroom! :smile: #2020

I have enjoyed learning how to navigate the code.org website and have the forum to get help with the school year starts.

I did not know that until this workshop!! My kids love Kahoot!

This is the most useful professional development I’ve had in years. Excellent!

I believe that with everything being unknown, the training this summer is very helpful!! Thanks #2020

I’m excited that we can make paired programming work in a Zoom breakout room! Hooray!

Pair programming is a great collaboration tool!