CS Discoveries Assessment Test for Unit 1

csdunit1

Thanks so much! As a hint, if you grade it with flubaroo, you can assign partial credit for the question items that require more than one response.

Good point about Flubaroo. I didn’t even think of that. Thanks!

Thank you for doing this Scott!

Does anyone know if there is a way to use Flubaroo to score multi-answer questions? I put in multiple points for the “check all that apply” types of questions, but it scores them all or nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a couple that I just used the score by hand feature, but I was hoping to not have to do too many. I have a lot of students. :slight_smile:

Nevermind… I figured it out. For those of you who might be interested, you have to go into the answer key and add %cb to the beginning of each of the multi-answer responses within the spreadsheet. Then Flubaroo will award partial credit for answers according to the number of correct items the student selected. Pretty cool!

Question about using Flubaroo. Do you set the questions worth more than one point as “grade by hand”?

Nevermind, I found it. http://www.flubaroo.com/hc/partial-credit-on-checkbox-questions

Basically reinventing the wheel here, but here is a link to the same assessment in Quizizz. https://www.quizizz.com/admin/quiz/59cbca4f9342471000dc0377

No I don’t. You can assign point values to individual questions. I only grade by hand open ended questions. :slight_smile:

:helicopter:

New but will Be Easy

Thank you Tara, This is very well done,.

Thank you so much. This is awesome.

This is great, I agree could we have a link to make a copy of this? Great work!

Thanks for sharing this resource and the multiple formats! I will definitely use it next year! Does anyone here have experience using CSD in a standards based grading environment?

I don’t have experience, but I think it would be easy, yet a bit tedious to take the items from the rubric and figure out what standards are covered and then you can use their score on that particular portion of the rubric for that standard. I hope that makes sense, but that is the primary way I would think about grading on standards. Just a thought.
Tara

Tara
Thanks for the information. New and nerve, but this community is making me feel soooooo much better. Thanks

This is a great resource! Thank you for sharing this!!!

Please send link to editable form. mbarker@easternlocal.net.
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much! This makes my life so much easier. First time teaching CS Discoveries.

Thank you . This is a great way to wrap up the unit. I will certainly use it!