Interactive Notebooks for AP CSP

Thank you for this idea! It looks amazing, and I look forward to implementing a version of it in my courses for next year.

Thanks so much for sharing!!! I do an Interactive Notebook in my classes also (we called it our “Abstraction Notebook”) and I will definitely steal many of the handouts and half-page notes/info you posted!
As usual, you are amazing Katie!

:blush: Thanks! My goal is to add to it for unit 5 this summer! Do you do anything in your “Abstraction Notebooks” for that unit?

Hope all is well!

Hi everyone,

I made these QUICKLY over the last few days. It is a mini-chapter on the reference language in preparation for the AP test. It isn’t quite as clean or put-together as the other materials, but since the test will be upon us soon, I thought I would post it now!

Hope it helps!
KT

Goodness… for “quickly”, you get a LOT done! :astonished: Thanks for the comprehensive and targeted review/practice!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I struggled with note-taking, as well. I will be using your ideas.!

Hi, thanks for sharing this! I also have struggled with students’ taking notes this year. Can’t wait to use this resource.

Thank you for sharing @kaitie_o_bryan. I found a website with a number of interactive notebook foldable templates for free - I’d love to see how you’d all use them in CSP https://www.homeschoolshare.com/lapbook-templates.php

I love this idea. I’m going to try it. Fingers Crossed!

There are some interesting ones in here! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks @kaitie_o_bryan! I am planning to use an INB this year and all of this is extremely helpful!

HI Katie,
These examples are terrific. If you have a chance adding those other chapters would be beyond helpful. I will upload some pictures of my students notebooks. Thanks!!
Theresa

@theresacook here is unit 2: Interactive Notebooks for AP CSP

I am still finalizing unit 5.

THANK YOU!!!

Theresa

This… is… AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing! :clap::clap::clap:

Hi Kaitie! I have been doing the INB with my students using the resources you shared! Both my students and I are loving it and I wanted to THANK YOU! My students just finished Units 1-3.

This is my first year teaching AP CSP and I wanted your input on whether you think it would be a good idea if my students should move on to Unit 5 (Building Apps) --> work on their CREATE PT then return to Unit 4 (Big Data and Privacy) --> work on their EXPLORE PT. Should be move forward faster since we are now finishing Unit 3?

Also, I am looking ahead to Unit 5. Would you happen to have handouts for their INB? Thank you again for your help and resources!!

Hi Catherine! Thank you for sharing your resources! For unit 3, you have an image titled “High-Low Level Programming” on page 18. I am curious to know what information is inside the foldable. I tried searching in your Handout and Example Pages, but couldn’t find it. Do you know how I can get access? Thank you in advance!

Hi-
Here are two images that might help. Outside and then inside.

U3L02 High Level-Low Level Programming.jpg

U3L02 Algorithms.jpg

Not Kaitie, but you could do 5, Create, 4, Explore.

Based on my experience last year, I wouldn’t. I felt like it was good to switch up what the students were working on, so they didn’t get to tired of doing one thing. I also feel like it would be easy to spend “too long” working on unit 5/create (some students were especially focused on putting in all the features and making it perfect). This seemed to be less of an issue with unit 4/explore.

Thank you for your sharing your past experience! I will begin Unit 4 then 5 in order. Would you say the pace is about right? Or should I go faster with the lessons?