Meet and Greet (CS in Science)

Hello Kiki, I teach science too!

My name is Shannon Fallon and I teach 6th grade at a middle school in Leavenworth, WA. I have been teaching for 17 years, primarily mathematics. This year will be my second year teaching science. I have very little code experience.

Paula,
I am sixth grade as well and have just begun to teach robotics (and this year coding) in my class. Iā€™d love to pick your brain about your robotics class.

Hello,
My name is Mr. Rock. I am currently the science teacher at Raney Intermediate in California.
This is my third year with Exploring COmputer Science curriculum. I have 6 years of teaching experience.

Hello Diane. I wish you the best on your journey in learning more about CS. Let me know if you need help!

Hello. My name is Rhonda, and I have been teaching in the Alhambra School District in Phoenix, AZ for the past 25 years. I am currently an Academic Science Coach for our district and help teachers throughout the district. I have been working with teachers using code.org and am excited to bring this new curriculum to our middle school teachers.

Hello Mr. Rock. I may need to pick your brain about the curriculum you have been exploring. Computer science is new to me and still not being used in all our schools throughout the day. We currently have some schools that hold after school clubs only.

sure let me know. the curriculum is now part of code.org.

Hi! My name is Susan and I work at El Cerrito Middle School. I teach 8th grade science and this is my 24th year of teaching. I am excited to learn something new.

My name is Jessica Mollen. I teach 7th Grade Science and Neuroscience/Forensics in Scottsdale Arizona. I am excited to learn more about implementing the Code.org modules in my classroom to enhance my current units of study.

Hello, My name is Katy and I work in CNUSD at Raney Intermediate. I teach 6th and 8th grade design, as well as math and science. I am interested in learning more about coding.

Hello Shannon,

I also teach 6th grade and have very little coding experience. I am looking forward to gaining a deeper understanding of coding and gaining new instructional skills.

Hi,

My name is Terryll Cole and I have been teaching science for 20 years. I have little coding experience and am looking forward to the training.

Hi! My name is Ashley Fulmer. This will be my 10th year teaching at Sierra Middle School. I have taught both physical (8th grade) and life science (7th grade). Right now, I am a 7th grade science teacher and teacher on special assignment as the Personalized Learning Instructional Coach. I have participated in Hour of Code (personally and with my students) and am looking forward to learn more about incorporating this into my classroom, especially with NGSS.

Hi. My name is James Jones and I have been teaching over 20 years in OCPS. I have taught 8th Grade Science, Hight Engineering and Robotics and I am now teaching 8th grade science again. I have been a roboticist for many years and have an interesting collection of old and new robots. I look forward to learning more about implementing Computer Science in my Science Classrooms.
JJ