Standards Based Grading with CSTA CS Standards and/or ISTE Standards

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of moving to using Standards Based Grading. Does anyone have any resources to share related to using CSTA’s CS Standards and/or ISTE’s Standards? Or can you point me in a direction to try to help me get a handle on all of this? :confused: Many thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, links or resources!

Hopefully someone who is doing standards based grading can chime in here, but if you haven’t check out the course standards alignment overview it might a be a good place to start https://curriculum.code.org/csd/standards/
We’re constantly trying to improve how we expose our standards alignment information to better support, so if there are specific views into the standards that you might find useful, I’d love to hear them.

I’ve created 4-3-2-1 rubrics for my computer science classes (including apcsp) using the CSTA competencies. I’m not sure of the best way to share, but send me an email and we can figure that out. jranta@sprise.com

So great to hear John! I just sent you an email.
Cheers,
Chris

While we want to avoid sharing things like answer keys on the forum to avoid students finding them, I think it’d be safe (and super useful) if you wanted to share links to your rubrics so folks can more easily find them.

@jranta Can I email you to get access to your rubrics on the 4-3-2-1 scale? I am on SBG and will be teaching AP CSP this year SP 19 on a block schedule :smile:

Hi there! Would I be blae to get a copy of these rubrics from you? :slight_smile:

Brianna, please send me an email. JR

Seeing this thread, and I will be reaching out via e-mail. I’d love a basis for standards-based tracking, and your work would be a little miracle :slight_smile:

Here you go. Let me know if you have any questions.

CSTA stds & rubrics.docx (648 KB)

Again, thank you so much, John!