CS Teaching Strategies

I plan to use 3 before me, partner work, and design recipe in code work and in work in other curriculum. I will add these teaching practice to my back wall–my PD teacher remider wall.

I love pairing my children. When a child get frustrated, sometimes they feel better to ask a peer. I also like ask 3 before you ask me

I will strive to facilitate exploration in my classroom. In a STEM learning environment, students must feel confident and connected to their work. I want them to explore learning and arrive at conclusions as a classroom about how this work is meaningful to them and their future. I want students to take pride in their work and show ownership of the activities. Collaboration with be essential and the “Ask 3 before me” rule will help model this.

I will definitely using the pairing of students and have them switch up who they pair with. I like the “Ask three and then me.” The students will become the experts quickly and learn to rely on their peers more.

I especially like the “reading through your code” strategy for finding errors. Read each line (out loud!), follow the logic of the loops and talk through every step in order to get into the computer’s “head”. It really helps you to think about why the computer is not doing what you think you told it to do.

I already use the see three before me. I would like to use the pairing technique when working with coding. I have to take some time to ensure students are paired correctly to avoid one student doing all the work and thinking.

I, too, love the “Ask Three then Me” strategy. After going through the CS training, I began using that strategy on a daily basis. Not only are my students more thoughtful in their questions, but the students who are consulted have increased confidence and engagement!

give students their own faq / q&a forum to share ideas and help each other.

The students will need to explain their responses and I will use the unplugged.

Being persistent and calm are essential strategies when teaching computer science in the classroom. Modeling this for students shows them that there is no need to get frustrated or upset about a problem and they should never give up trying to find the solution. With their peer, they will find the solution.

I think the partner work is the way to go to ensure that students work together for one goal but they ge to benefit from two minds.

I will teach order of operations using circles of evaluation. I plan to have pairs of students share their designs. They will do the computations to see if their answers match.

I am going to use the ask 3 policy in my classroom. My students are great with technology and I think most of the time they can help each other.

Students have to be patient and they have to work with one another.

I like the driver and navigator strategy for my 6th and 7th graders. I also will be using the design recipe.

I like the paired programming and the design recipe as strategies that I’ll try first.