Collisions not working

I got the following email from a student, and I’m having a hard time troubleshooting. Can anyone help?

Hello Ms. Landman, it seems code.org has stopped working for me (specifically the collisions). On all of the computers I try it on (2), I can’t get my game to work. It was the one I created for the Alien Dance Party assignment, and I haven’t made any changes to it since I last played it. Here is the link:

Do you know why none of the collision detections are working? It works for all of my other games.

Thanks,

-Gabriel

Thanks for reaching out. It does indeed appear that the collision blocks, except for the first one, are not working correctly. Our engineering team is investigating and we’ll get back to them later today.

Please tell your student to keep up the good work and send us anymore bugs that they spot.

Megan

Hi Gabriel,
We made some big improvements to Sprite Lab this year, but it looks like a new bug was also introduced. Thanks to you and your student for finding it for us!
Basically, events currently don’t work with named sprites that are created under a different event block. We’re going to address this as soon as we can. In the meantime, here are two work-arounds I’d suggest:

• Create sprites without names using the new make new sprite block.
  • Only create named sprites under the when run block - if you need them to work with events.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to let us know if you need more support.
Mike