Project Hackathon Help

I have a student working on MLB App [MLB App] with line 27 showing NA when it is supposed to show the team name and abbreviation. I also have another who is having issues with filtering Japanese Animes. [Anime App] Thanks for any help.(App Lab - Code.org)(App Lab - Code.org)

Thanks for reaching out. I see a few problems. First the onEvents should not be embedded inside functions. They should be on their own. Secondly, the choice variable is not getting any value since there is nothing in nameOutput, hence the lists are empty.

If you need more help with this app, please fill out the following template:

[Feel free to delete everything in brackets before posting your request for debugging help.]

Link to the project or level: [replace with link to the curriculum or get the “Share” link to a project]
What I expect to happen: [replace with a detailed description of the behavior you’re trying to create]
What actually happens: [replace with a detailed description of what actually happens when the code runs including any errors or unexpected behavior]
What I’ve tried: [replace with a detailed description of what you’ve already tried to do to solve the problem]