Supporting CS Fundamentals students during school closures

Are you a CS Fundamentals teacher looking for ideas on how to best support your students during the extended school closures? You are not alone. Post your questions and suggestions here to connect with educators across the nation who are facing similar challenges.

Right before school closed, I was working on getting students in 2-5 to log in with the picture passwords. Not everyone was able to due to lack of computer experience, and I was not able to get them their account info to take home with them. All of my students have aclass and units assigned to them. What is the easiest way for them to log in from home without having the info?

I think it would be great to have a solution sheet for each lesson for parents. I am spending a lot of time copying and pasting them.

3 Likes

Hi @kschmid!

You can mail/email the picture log-in information to guardians. That way, you will be able to monitor progress. The other option would be to encourage them to start a course without logging in, although that would not enable you to track progress.

Megan

Ho spiegato come accedere alla classe virtuale che ho creato, prima durante una video lezione condividendo lo schermo del computer, poi ho inviato ad ogni alunno( nella mail dei genitori), le istruzioni che ho creato, il codice della classe e la loro password di accesso. Gli alunni hanno trovato le lezioni che avevo scelto per loro ed io posso vedere la loro attività. Nessun problema di accesso per la maggior parte di loro