Video Restricted

Tried to play the video today, and the screen turns grey with a message telling me that the video is restricted, and that I should sign in with a Google Apps account. The video worked yesterday, and I’m signed in with a Google Apps account. Has anyone run in to this? Could you successfully troubleshoot? I’ve logged out, and back in. Tried it in a different tab, and had the same problem. I’m not having this problem with other videos in CS Discoveries or CS Principles.

That same thing has happened to me before and on random videos. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe it has something to do with your Safe Search Settings on your Youtube Account and it could be put in place by your technology people, but fortunately, there are a few workarounds.

Here are two that work for me.

1. Click on the Download Link (below the video) and you should be able to download a copy of the video that isn’t on Youtube and it should play just fine.
  2. Reload the page so you can see the video and then click on the Share link in the upper right hand corner of the video and get the direct URL for the youTube video. Then, if you paste that link into your browser window, it will take you to the video on youTube (as long as YouTube isn’t blocked at your school).

I hope one of those will work for you!

Mike

2 Likes

Thank you, Mike! I’ll give these strategies a try and see how it goes. Many teachers and students in our district have been running into problems that seem to be between Google accounts and Youtube, so these might help them as well. Thanks!

1 Like