Adafruits to run remotely (with batteries)

Is there a way to download the program to the Adafruit circuit board to have it run remotely without it plugged into the computer? My students have created prototypes that would be easier to run if they didn’t have to be attached via the USB cord. Help?

1 Like

I know that this is an old post but I just ran into as I was looking at posts for Unit 6 and I just thought I’d say YES.
My understanding is that this is the whole point of the Circuit Playgrounds, as long as what you created can run without input from the computer, such as getting input from one of its sensors that causes the LED’s to light a certain way. You’d use a battery pack that connects to the Circuit Playground.

1 Like

Yes, and for future reference, these ones that also work for the Microbit, should work for the Circuit Playgrounds as well:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTFPSB8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mike

Thanks for your response @koliner and @mwood, but currently the software from Code.org doesn’t allow for downloading of the program directly onto the device. The MakeCode web based java script editor from Microsoft will allow for this, but then it pulls students away from using the Code.org environment. I would love to see Code.org make it so that the programs can be downloaded and run remotely.

You are correct. If you haven’t already, I would email support@code.org to request this. I don’t think it’s something they are currently working on (at least I haven’t heard about it), but they are responsive to requests for future feature updates.

Mike

Thanks @mwood, I have already. Fingers crossed!