Circuit express battery pack

I purchased battery packs to go with my circuit express kits and they do not fit! What battery pack will fit the express or is there an adapter that I can use to make the battery packs I have work?

1 Like

Not sure which ones you purchased, but these should work. I have both Microbits and Circuit Express boards and the battery packs that came with my Microbits work with the Circuit Express boards.

I noticed that Adafruit battery packs are currently all out of stock.

Hope this helps.

Mike

1 Like

Thank you so much! I ordered them today😀

Might I ask why I might need battery packs for the Circuit Playgrounds since it was note in another post that it isn’t possible to download programs from Unit 6 into the Circuit Playgrounds to run off of the computer. Thanks!

Hi @koliner,

The Circuit Playground will remember the most recently downloaded program and can run it when not plugged in (if not for Code.org’s Maker app, then for other apps). I’ve built a model earthquake detector using the onboard accelerometer and LED lights, for example.

A student created a “light sensor” app. We ‘Ran’ it and then unplugged from CP from Chromebook and plugged it into a battery pack. The CP resets and just shows the rainbow of colors going around. When we press the “reset” button on the CP, it still doesn’t run his app. Any further advice on using the CP away from the Chromebook?
Thank you!

@koliner, @mkmietowicz,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think the circuit playground does remember programs that are programmed using the code.org curriculum / app, but rather runs them in conjunction with App Lab while plugged into the computer.

You can create programs using Make Code and download them to the Circuit Playground and it will remember those if powered up with a battery pack, but I don’t think you ever download code.org programs to the Circuit Playground itself. Please Please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Mike