If a student is chomping at the bit to learn more, I enroll them in a different section and allow them to move forward. If the student successfully completes the lessons I had planned for the class:
Two days a week the student will serve as my teaching assistant.
- utilizing new knowledge
- verifying their understanding
- application of knowledge to retain skill
- encourage their peers
Three days a week they will begin the next level course.
- I do not want to deny the student growth opportunities.
- Not allowing the student to grow can also be discouraging
- Aim for student to provide a completed project