Students of Poverty (Group 1)
What struggles do you see these students have?
- Bigger problems in life, not completely focused at school
- More focused on survival
- Hungry and/or tired
- Lack of background knowledge
- Lack of access to technology out of school
What strategies could you use to support these students?
- After school programming
- Choice of different levels of programming to fit their comfort level
- Working with partners (teacher driven)
- Building relationships
Are there resources you could provide these students?
- Lessons in print (broken down into smaller parts)
- Organization of classroom (spot for their materials)
- Time before or after school for work time
- TIme at the beginning of the class for organizing and preparing for instruction