*Digital* Flippy Do

I wanted a flippy do I could project so the entire class could see it. I also decided I wanted one that would do the math for me so I don’t stumble all over myself if I am not paying attention to the addition. :slight_smile:

Make your own copy here.

Screen shot visible here.

9 Likes

That’s a really great digital version!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing LOVE it

Thanks. I’m glad you like it. That is my next lesson too.

1 Like

UPDATED Digital Flippy Do!

Now the Digital Flippy Do is easier to use with only a mouse. Clicking on the check boxes changes the binary number from a 0 to a 1 and back again.

Also added a feature to help with creating binary notation from decimal notation numbers. The right panel of the Flippy Do allows a decimal number to be entered. As binary notation changes, the decimal number decreases to show how much closer you are to having the correct Binary number.

Link to Digital Flippy Do
Link to new screen shot

1 Like

This is amazing! I’m going to use this to demonstrate the flippy do in virtual class. Thanks for creating it.
I noticed that your formula in R9 had an error when you got within 1 of the number or created the number exactly. I updated the formula and it seems to be working now (I just changed <1 to <0). Here’s my update to cell R9 in case anyone needs it:
=IFS(R5="","",R5-N9<0,“Binray Value Too Large”,R5-N9>0,R5-N9,R5=N9,“Great Job!”)

Hi everyone! This is a link to the Digital Flippy Do with the correction to the code made so it works better and the link forces you to make a copy. No need to request access any more. Please use this link and ignore the previous ones.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VDqdJmXQLTowiUZis_HP_Ny8cHsote3g7sXxyZrVwTA/copy#gid=0

2 Likes

I really like this idea. I created a Code.org app that does a similar job. I was excited to show students what type of ‘prototype’ apps they could make later in the year.

Code.org Flippy Do App (with Pro mode)

2 Likes

This is awesome! I had thought of making an app version of the Flippy-Do myself but you’ve saved me a TON of time! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you for this resource. As most have stated, this has saved a ton of time.

1 Like

You bet! You are very welcome.

No problem at all. I made it for my own class. I just happened to get it done earlier than you did. Super useful for students joining on line this year.

This is great! I really like that you made it in app lab which the students can also use to make their own projects.