Updated Digital Flippy Do!

I created a digital version of the Flippy Do that I can project for students to see. It also does the math for me in case I’m not paying enough attention to the addition while teaching.

This updated version is easier to use with only a mouse. Clicking on the check boxes toggles 0 to 1. The reset button clears the number.

This updated version includes a guide to help convert decimal numbers into binary numbers as well. In the right panel, enter the decimal number you would like to convert, then click check boxes to see the decimal number decrease as the binary number increases.

Digital Flippy Do
Screen Shot

5 Likes

This is going to come in handy with Virtual Learning. Thanks

For me, the box on the right hand side only is buggy. It works for the first check and sometimes the 2nd check but then it gets buggy. Still very usable without the boxes on the right. Thanks so much! Peace

No problem. Let me know exactly what it is doing and I will fix it. When you say “buggy” what does that mean? I used it myself for distance learning in the spring last year and it was very helpful. If you have ideas of how I can make it more helpful, I’m game! :grin:

Here’s my bugs

I just made a screencast of my buggy troubles on my end to show you what’s going on. I hope this helps you. Perhaps it is on my end. Not sure!

Peace

Here is the fixed version.
Digital Flippy Do

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VDqdJmXQLTowiUZis_HP_Ny8cHsote3g7sXxyZrVwTA/copy#gid=0

I actually already fixed the issue on the copy I was using. I should have uploaded the fix long ago. thanks for the heads up to prompt me to get this corrected. Enjoy!

This link will allow you to make a copy of the update version of the Digital Flippy Do. There is no need to request access any longer, just make your own copy. The first time you click the “reset” button, it will ask you to authorize. Please accept the authorization and then it will work great for you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VDqdJmXQLTowiUZis_HP_Ny8cHsote3g7sXxyZrVwTA/copy#gid=0

1 Like

I created a Code.org app that does a similar job. I was excited to show students what type of ‘prototype’ apps they could make later in the year.

Code.org Flippy Do App (with Pro mode)

I made a copy. When I tried to use it I got asked for permission to “update the script” when I tried to reset it. When I was going to give it permission, it required me to login to Google and told me Flippy Do needed permission access to ALL of my spreadsheets and the ability to delete them!

Here are some others that have been shared in the past.

Flippy Do - AppLab Version

Flippy Do Version 2

Flippy Do Pro - AppLab version

I love this! Thank you. I was just thinking how much I would love a digital flippy do. thanks to a quick search I stumbled upon this. I can’t wait to use this to kick off my unit on abstraction and algorithms with legos. :slight_smile: