Error Cannot read property

Hello

I’ve fcaed an error while working on a project in Code org’s platform, and I could use some help to resolve it.

Whenever I attempt to run my code, I got an error message stating ‘TypeError: Cannot read property ‘value’ of undefined’ in the console. This error occurs consistently, and I’m unsure how to resolve it.

• I’m working on a project that involves creating a form to collect user data.
  • The error occurs when I try to submit the form after filling out all the fields.
  • I’ve reviewed my code multiple times ; can’t able to identify the source of the problem. Uncategorized - Code.org Professional Learning Community
    info

If anyone has faced a similar error or has suggestions on how to debug it effectively, I would greatly appreciate your help .

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you
stevediaz

Hello @stevediaz933,

looking at your error on what you described (since you didn’t link the actual project to debug) it could be a combination of many things
→ the project variable isn’t being defined early enough
→ the way your reading the html text from certain elements is wrong
→ the table won’t accept the data your trying to make the table accept I.E. <objects>

To have a further analysis you will need to link the actual project if none of these are accurately diagnose your problem

For future notes if you ever need to make more posts regarding debugging tag
Coding and Debugging Help
for relevancy so the people who look for solving these issues will be able to find it as well, that’s all for now I look forward from hearing from you

Varrience

1 Like

To echo what @varrience was saying, we’d be happy to help you debug your code. Please add the share link to the project so we can take a look at it.