Frameworks for CTE classes

I am trying not to reinvent the wheel completely. Are there Frameworks for these classes somewhere to get CTE program in a school?

Hi @delilah.heil,

Great question! This article has some info on how to bring it to your school.

If you’re in the US, I’d also recommend contacting your Regional Partner to see how they are already working on getting this rolled out in schools year you.

Thanks!
–Michael K.

1 Like

Another question for you since you seem to be responding quickly. Can a student take CSDiscoveries one year and CSPrinciples another year and have it be beneficial, or is CSDiscoveries for lower high school and same content differentiated for upper high school in CSPrinciples?

Hi @delilah.heil,

I responded to your post in the Discoveries forum here. Hope I gave you some ideas.

Discoveries meets these standards. For me in Colorado it meets the CTE pathway for CS Foundations. Principles meets the AP Standards for CS Principles. There are similar outcomes in the programming units but for me, Discoveries is the first class on my pathway but I allow students to enter my pathway at Principles.

Hope that helps,
Michelle

1 Like

Students would definitely be able to do both programs and have it be beneficial. The content is more advanced in CS Principals than CS Discoveries.

1 Like