Help needed for student who is using multiple backgrounds in interactive scene

One of my students has some questions re the active scene. He has provided link and screenshots.

Problem 1: Whenever my main sprite (SpaceShip) gets hit by an alien, I intend for my code to switch to an end screen, however, the two backgrounds instead flicker between each other. My guess is that although not visible, the other “Alien” sprites continue to function and trigger the command, but I still don’t know how to fix the issue. I tried using commands like a sprite. pause, but even then the problem prevails.

Problem 2: In my code I intend to have a score that increases over time due to a player’s survivability, basically meaning that the score increases as it runs. I tried searching for something I could add but was unsuccessful. Could anyone give any suggestions?
image (10)

First off, welcome to the forum @bnarsiman! Thank you for the detailed description about what you would like to happen, but we really need a link directly to the project to better help you with this issue. You can click on the “Share” button in the upper left corner of the screen to get the link to the project.

Hi, thanks so much for responding so soon.
I’m attaching a link to the students work.
Cheers
Bron
Mahir’ interactive project

Unfortunately, that link doesn’t appear to be shared. In your teacher account, check to make sure student sharing is enabled for that student and we’d be happy to take a look at it.

Also, you may be correct. Changing the visibility of a sprite won’t stop it from functioning. It will continue to follow any instructions given to it even with an invisible appearance.

Mike