Home screen is not home screen when we click run?

U4L13S13-14 Some of the students apps when ran are starting with a non-home screen screen. Is that because of the way they set up their first screen, is this something we can fix using the programming so that the app starts on the home screen? Thanks

When you’re in design mode select the screen that you wan to be the default screen and click the “Make Default” button. If the button isn’t there, then that screen is already set as the default.

Thought I said thanks already. So thanks, that was a big help!

Josh, I had my students click Make Default but it still wants to start on the second screen when you click Run. Thoughts?

@cjohnson,

I don’t believe Josh is on the forum much anymore, but do you have a link to one of the projects you can share so we can look at it and try to figure out what is happening?

If so, we’re happy to take a look.

Mike

Sorry, I have never responded to a forum.

please find the code link, I created a remix so I could get the link of their project

https://studio.code.org/projects/applab/k8Azc9izcAx6U_KXJNnCXgThQBhSdRdMSh1HZC-hHAc

Outlook-Logo.jpg

Outlook-Facebook i.jpg

Outlook-Twitter ic.jpg

Outlook-Instagram .png

@cjohnson,

That worked just great.

I think I know what is going on here. The screen is initially set to the firstscreen and then the onEvent block is coded correctly as well, however, if you look at line 9, it tells the screen to jump to the first question as well.

So it executes the code in order and the very instant the firstscreen shows, there is not immediately a click on the play button so it moves to the next line of code and executes the code on line 9.

If you remove the code on line 9, then, the event handler should work. It will sit forever and wait for you to click on the play button and then it will jump to the 1st question.

Good luck!

Mike

Thanks, I looked at that code and didn’t see the issue.

Outlook-Logo.jpg

Outlook-Facebook i.jpg

Outlook-Twitter ic.jpg

Outlook-Instagram .png