Microbits and CS Discoveries

Has anyone used micro:bits when teaching CS Discoveries curriculum?

1 Like

Hello @10089702,

This question has come up recently. Integration of the micro:bit with App Lab is in the works but like so many things, development was delayed due to a shift in priorities during the pandemic. You can keep an eye out for an announcement or contact support for more information.

~Michelle

2 Likes

Thank you. I was looking for that. I’ve found it easy to swap out a few lessons plans to use The micro:bit and MakeCode. The hardware is similar to playground express. However, one of the MB/MakeCode experiences that helped in developing student curiosity was seeing the live graphing of sensors in the data logger.

1 Like

Has anything progressed with this at this point in time? I know it’s been a crazy year, but thought I would ask before attempting to create my own.

I haven’t seen any updates on this, unfortunately. You could inquire directly of support@code.org if you want.

Mike

1 Like

@chsweek I can’t say much right now… but yes: “things have progressed”… keep an ear open for more news in the coming months…

-Dan Schneider
Code.org Curriculum Writer

7 Likes

Hi Dan, has any progress been made on this exciting development?

Any updates on the microbit integration. I see microbits have been added as an extra in 2-5 of Computer Science Fundamentals . iJsut mailed classroom sets of the last classroom sets of playground circuits. Wanted to plan for what is "next " in Computer Science Discoveries for physical computing. Thanks! CB in AK

:eyes:

I believe there may be an update on this very soon. Stay tuned.

Mike